Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Speed limits = Guidelines
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My precision 6176 bb turbo had a worn out bearing after only about 700 miles of street drive (never been on the track)...sent it in to precision to get looked at, and they just go back to me on it

Said it was unrepairable...it was caused by either lack of lubrication or lack of water cooling according to them. The best they could do for me is salvage the two housings and sell me a new one for 999$...man what a shot in the arm

my oil line has pressure, so either something wrong with the water line or i had a defective turbo, and they dont want to admit it.

I dont kno what to do, not really interested in dumping another thousand into this car after all the other tons of expensive crap I had to get for it...guess it just gonna be a big expensive conversation piece

Anyone have any advice? theres gotta be a better way to replace my turbo than this

·
NA/T aficionado
302 Posts
Garrett has a BB repair program. Precision=Garrett BTW in terms of the center section. Depending on when you purchased it and if you still have a sales receipt you should only have to pay $600 if I recall for a new center section (CHRA). Call up Garrett and talk to someone there. We could probably help you out if you wanted to bring it past the shop if your near us.

[email protected]

·
Speed limits = Guidelines
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bought it more than 2 years ago from boost logic....not sure what happened to the reciept.....

precision agreed to give me a bigger turbo for the same price as the replacement, so I just went with their offer...if they didnt have my turbo at their place and I wasnt pressed for time, I probly would have tryed somewhere else

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
Was your turbo clocked correctly? We had a similar result on a poorly clocked Precision 67.

Kruso

1 - 4 of 4 Posts