Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had to get my car towed AGAIN today. I'm pretty sure i'm having problems with my CPS because the car cranks and cranks, but it doesn't start. Sometimes when i disconnect the CPS connector and then plug it back in she starts.....but today i tried for a good 1hr before giving up and calling a tow truck....now, when we dropped the car off at the shop i decided to give it another crank..VROOM.

What in the holy hell would have just suddenly cuased my car to start after a 10 min tow truck ride??? could it be posssible that i flooded the engine trying to start it before getting it towed??? does anyone have a healthy CPS they want to sell mne??

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
i bet it's the wiring... you need to replace the wring on that crap CPS. obviously if you know it's bad, replace the damn thing. Your own fault no sense in getting mad.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
ahhh

my advise

check the CPS connector really close.
I have been finding that the wires are starting to get exposes and cause a short between two wires and the car just cranks but never starts. Wiggle it and then it starts.

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wiggled and wiggled them for a good 1 hr before giving up. I disconnected and connected the connector atleast 20 times before giving up.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
derK said:
i wiggled and wiggled them for a good 1 hr before giving up. I disconnected and connected the connector atleast 20 times before giving up.

yes but you need to VISUALLY inspect it.

The wiggling does no good if the wires that are shorting don't stop shorting :)

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol....i know but then how come it magically started after a bumpy 10 min tow to the shop?? i swear these cars are like tanks, but at the same time like glass.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
derK said:
lol....i know but then how come it magically started after a bumpy 10 min tow to the shop?? i swear these cars are like tanks, but at the same time like glass.

well all a short takes is two individual strands to touch.

A bump can jar it as much as a wiggle. That is why you MUST visually inspect it ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts