Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gosh...my cockyness from beating other high hp cars such as the VR4, RX-7, 300zx, MKIII's, and many ricers had my head up my ass and not looking at really big hints to not race this 5.0 .....alright so im on interstate 680 when a 5.0(dahh 5.0 stang clue 1) comes up to me at about 54mph, i can hear his engine revvin really loud(clue 2) and im bein cocky and say to myself, " its just a domestic" and i rev up too...we waited about 7 seconds and then we took off...with in a matter of seconds he's about 3 car spaces in front of me and gone...this made me think about racing domestics and how i think about them...yes...i know i will be called a dumbass by others that read this thread :(

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Umm, go single? Spray it? You still won't beat them all but it'll be a much closer race when and if you lose ;)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spray and pray huh...haha....sorry...no bottles for me

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
no laughing gas? everyone needs a lil laughing gas once in a while.for your car that is:gotnx:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Just enjoy your car the way it is. Losing a race is not the end of the world...and it's not the the wild ol' west. Older 5.0L Stangs are so darn straightforward to make fast that most other EFI cars run into the same problem when gunning it against a street savvy 5.0 owner. There are true street 8-second turbo Stangs lurking here and there.

Bottom-line: In the hands of a real speed addict, a domestic can be the most menacing straight-line ride out there.

·
turbo....................
1,057 Posts
you only got a bov?

there is your problem =]

-tony v

·
1,057 Posts
j2supraman said:
hey the BOV makes all the ricers shut up ^_^
no, i usually get from the "ricers", hey where you get the whistling noise, i want to get that:eek:

-tony v

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
The general rule about 5.0s is if it looks really pretty, its slow........if its like 80 colors of primer and looks like shit.....watch out, it runs 8s :D

·
1,057 Posts
xsentrixsupra said:
The general rule about 5.0s is if it looks really pretty, its slow........if its like 80 colors of primer and looks like shit.....watch out, it runs 8s :D

:agreed:

·
Armed to the Teeth
243 Posts
:gotnx:

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
j2supraman said:
hey the BOV makes all the ricers shut up ^_^
umm... no

when people ask what you've done to your car, and you just say "a bov"... its not considered a real mod, unless you make higher boost, which i assume you're not making... go get some performance mods such as bpu ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
xsentrixsupra said:
Yep, I learn it the hard way.:(

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
xsentrixsupra said:
And conversely, if the older EFI Stang has rear deck louvers, 15/16 inch wheels sticking laterally outward, and has overextended pipes rattling against the rear valence (GT model), then it's feeding time for the ricers!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah guess what... i evened out the score for stangs when i saw a newer stang and raced it...i won :)

·
turbo
582 Posts
you sound to me like a ricer. I can take down other stock cars and some with exhaust..... when you say high hp cars and metion the mk3, 230hp is alot for you I guess.

·
Registered
36 Posts
good run

Most of the 5.0's out there are slow. As others said above, its that small % that are built stupid fast.

Props, more mods more mods!! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts