Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this pm today around noon today. Now normally it wouldnt bother me to see a fellow mk3 owner throw me a pm about a website or whatever if I needed something, but I never posted anything... and he only has two posts, and is very new to the forums. I can see that he sent it to at least 14 others from the pm I received... but I'm wondering how many he sent it to, and if its even legitimate, I know he has a picture of polobai's (sp?) car in his logo, which I dont know if that is agreed upon or not, but this whole thing just seems fishy to me. Here is the message:

mackevelli said:
Fellow MK3 owners, here's a website that has killer deals on MK3 parts. Theres also a sale on all blow off valves. Check it out!
Email me at [email protected] for any questions or other products you are looking for. Thanks
www.gotboostinc.com

-Dave
Jon

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found it funny that every part he had priced on there could be had for cheaper from some of our forum sponsors, and some of the "other" forum's sponsors as well. I definitely wouldn't do business with him in any case.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
I got it too. The site at least offers free shipping on all items.

-Alex

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I've spoken to him before about pricing on a couple things, he doesn't seem to be crooked when you talk to him. Maybe he just sucks at marketing?

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Thats a banning offense IMO... Using the PM system to SPAM fellow members...

Has anyone PM'd Ray *Poloboi* about this?

I just noticed they are selling alot of "TITAN" stuff... I wonder if they are an authorized vendor for Titan...

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
mackevelli <-- this is the user doing the spam right? aight peace :chicken:

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
mackevelli <-- this is the user doing the spam right? aight peace :chicken:
Yes. Obviously I do not understand the offense, but what is spam exactly:scratch:.

·
Registered
24 Posts
LOL go ahead and ban. Titan is my wholesaler. I am no scam artist, I've been on these forums for YEARS. This is just a different username because I got banned for wanting to become a sponsor. I was 86supra7mgte. As far as the banner is concerned, I never knew you had to get permission for an image. Guess thats my bad. The only people who recieved the PM are ones that were in the FS section. Just trying to help out MK3 owners;)

I'll have to talk to Boostaddctn about it- All this hating reminds me of when Brandon was on this forum :lol:

-Dave

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
I don't have a degree in marketing...........but I think this MAY have been the wrong direction in getting your name out there. There may have been another reason for you being banned, but none of us know that. You've got 3 TOTAL posts, and the search function doesn't work. How are we supposed to know who you are?

Good luck buddy,
Eli

·
Registered
24 Posts
Obviously the route I took to advertise on this forum was terrible. But to think that if I posted a thread saying who I am or even pitching the site to the admins is a much worse idea.Believe me, I know. Best thing to do now is to stay away from SF heh. Hopfully some admin will come in an lock this thread.

-Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts