Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GIT-R-DONE YALL HEAR
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tHIS IS A LONG POST BUT I INCLUDED ALL THE PM MESSAGES WE SENT BACK AND FORTH.....SELLERS BEWARE

I dont have the previous post about the buy but basicly he found out i was selling a car he emailed me i send him some pics he liket the car we agreed on the price and then he starts sending private messages ( that i have copy of)
HERE IT GOES...

Nevermind, I was wrong about the car. It looks very nice, and it sounds like a plan. It would be nice if I could pay $3500 and get an upgraded clutch as well, but that's your call. Let me know, take care.

-Matt

Ignore the last PM. I will take the stock clutch, that's absolutely fine with me. But, I'll be honest here. The car is very clean, and I hate to lowball you, but I have $3200 dollars when it's all said and done. If this is fine with you, let me know. I found this out after discussing everything with my father. Take care.

-Matt

Have you decided? I'd really like to get this car, but if I don't have enough money for it, I'd like to know so I can look elsewhere. It would be $3200 in cash, so let me know.

-Matt

ok...ill let it go for3200 but i wasnt planning on fixing it yet if i wasnt selling it, so what i would need is half the money now and half when its fixed, i would have christian fix the clutch, so i know it will be running fine.
and this s just for my safe i wouldnt like it if you deided not to get the car after its fixed. i know nothing else is wrong with the car so u dont have to worry about it.

Nick

Ok, I can look at the car Saturday, and I can deposit $1800. Is that cool?

-Matt

sounds good call me saturday i work from 7pm saturday so lets try todo it earlier around noon or so
nick

Nick, after talking with my dad, he doesn't want to put down a deposit. We will however, pay cash ($3200) in full next Saturday (that's the only time he can go with me to look at it)). But, I will however, come by tomorrow to look at it to make sure I DO want it, I don't mess around, so if I look at it and everything is checked out, you'll get your money. I get off work tomorrow at 3:00, I can be over there around 4:30-5:00 if that is ok, since I'm selling my car tomorrow as well. Let me know, sorry for the confusion.

-Matt

Ok that will be fine, check it out tomorrow see what you think and we will go from there.
nick..

Ok, I'll be there anywhere from 4:00-5:00. If you need to contact me my cell phone # is ***-***-****.

-Matt

Hey Nick, what day do you think the Supra will be done?

Because once it's done, I'd like to come get it ASAP. Maybe we can meet halfway or something that day so we don't have to deal with the crappy Garland traffic.

-Matt

iM PLANNIG TO TAKE IT TO CHRISTIAN TOMORROW TUESDAY HE SHOULD HAVE IT DONE BY THURSDAY FRIDAY THE LATEST AND YEAH MAN WE CAN MEE UP--ILL KEEP U POSTED --NICK

I can meet up with you on Saturday the same time as before. Let me know when it's done and when you fix the little problems (the power seat/window relay, and the high idle).

-Matt

Could I have the VIN # of the car so I can get it put on my insurance?

-Matt

Did the window/power seat relay and the high idle get fixed before you took it to Christian's?

Hey Nick, sorry to tell you this, but my parents have decided against me buying the Supra. They all of the sudden flipped on me, and want me to get a reliable daily driver. I'm sorry about wasting your time, take care.

-Matt

Thas exactly what i was talking about when i asked for the deposit. Thats not cool at all what you did

nick

I'm so sorry, I wanted the car, but my parents will not let me get it. I'm sorry that it happened this way.

-Matt

*********************************************************************THEN E CHANGED HIS MIND AGAIN AND CALLED ME SAD THAT HE GOT HIS PARENTS TO CHANGE THEIR MIND, AND THAT I SHOULD CONTINUE FIXNG THE CAR BECAUSE HE WILL GET IT" LATER I FIND OUT HE GOT ANOTHER CAR, NEVER CALLED ME TO TELL ME HE IS NOT BUYING MY CAR

·
DFA Motorsports
1,891 Posts
That is very messed up and unprofessional. He probably never told mom or dad about it untill the last second; IMO if your parents have to approve of a car "you" want to buy you should run it by them as not to waste anyones time.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Very unprofessional on the baby kid's part. Mom and dad probably want a reliable and good running car. The kid was probably too excited about it to tell them about the problems it might have. Too bad, you screwed someone over!

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Yeah,

We needs a BS buyers forum for this

I've decided that I'm going to start asking peoples age, before I spend more then 2 minutes via email, pm or on the phone about selling my IS

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
This is a recurring trend. He'll ask a hundred questions about the simplest part, tell you when he's going to buy it, then totally change his mind without telling you. This was the last straw with a few of the DFW guys.

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
This is a recurring trend. He'll ask a hundred questions about the simplest part, tell you when he's going to buy it, then totally change his mind without telling you. This was the last straw with a few of the DFW guys.
:werd: that sucks nick, i hope you find a buyer soon though. Kids these days......

·
GIT-R-DONE YALL HEAR
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didnt really want to do this but after the second time he called me and assured me to go aead and proceed with fixing it he is going to get it...but like someone said KIDS

·
Banned, jk lol
3,871 Posts
First off, I am truly sorry that I didn't buy it like both you and I planned. Secondly, I DID want the car, I was going to buy it, until I found out that on the Saturday it wasn't ready even though it was there 3-4 days before. My father was concerned with the fact that it wasn't done when you and Christian said it would be, which caused my parents to think second thoughts about the car, and they then decided, that I should have something more reliable. Furthermore, I talked with Nick last week on Wednesday, and I said that I wanted to look at it again, because my parents were willing to at least look at it. Thursday he sent me a PM double checking whether or not I wanted to look at it, because he had a guy that potentially wanted to buy, I told him that if the other person had the money, sell it. This whole situation was just a lack of communication, plain and simple, and I'm sorry for that on my part. I admit that I do change my mind a lot, but this wasn't a case of that, because I did in fact want the car. I admit that I didn't handle this properly, but after all, I'm just a kid, right? :rolleyes:

-Matt

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
First off, I am truly sorry that I didn't buy it like both you and I planned. Secondly, I DID want the car, I was going to buy it, until I found out that on the Saturday it wasn't ready even though it was there 3-4 days before. My father was concerned with the fact that it wasn't done when you and Christian said it would be, which caused my parents to think second thoughts about the car, and they then decided, that I should have something more reliable. Furthermore, I talked with Nick last week on Wednesday, and I said that I wanted to look at it again, because my parents were willing to at least look at it. Thursday he sent me a PM double checking whether or not I wanted to look at it, because he had a guy that potentially wanted to buy, I told him that if the other person had the money, sell it. This whole situation was just a lack of communication, plain and simple, and I'm sorry for that on my part. I admit that I do change my mind a lot, but this wasn't a case of that, because I did in fact want the car. I admit that I didn't handle this properly, but after all, I'm just a kid, right? :rolleyes:

-Matt

This is not about you not buying the car it's the lack of respect for the people you are dealing with. You came out and looked at the car and said you wanted it. When Nick asked for a deposit you had no money to leave one but gave your word that you would buy it. The deposit was so that you didnt back out of the deal after Nick put money into the car to getting running and sold to you in driveable condition. Due to part availability issues the car was not ready a week after you saw it. Not because the car was unreliable. So you backed out of the deal without telling Nick or even me ... mean while he still thinks you are buying it and I'm still scrambling trying to get the clutch for it. I find out you backed out thru a third party and had to tell Nick for you. You then re request to purchase the car and DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. You back out of the deal AGAIN and dont let anyone directly involved in the deal know. I YET AGAIN find out thru a third party find out about your post where you are showing off your new car. You REALLY need to stop and think about how to deal with people or people WILL stop dealing with you. You went as far as negotiating to purchase an exhaust for the car you had not even left a deposit for. As far as I know you still owe people for parts and services from your old car you totaled. :nono: ..... maybe now that you have a "reliable car" you wont feel the need to text message me at 3am for stupid car questions :madf:

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
This is not about you not buying the car it's the lack of respect for the people you are dealing with. You came out and looked at the car and said you wanted it. When Nick asked for a deposit you had no money to leave one but gave your word that you would buy it. The deposit was so that you didnt back out of the deal after Nick put money into the car to getting running and sold to you in driveable condition. Due to part availability issues the car was not ready a week after you saw it. Not because the car was unreliable. So you backed out of the deal without telling Nick or even me ... mean while he still thinks you are buying it and I'm still scrambling trying to get the clutch for it. I find out you backed out thru a third party and had to tell Nick for you. You then re request to purchase the car and DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. You back out of the deal AGAIN and dont let anyone directly involved in the deal know. I YET AGAIN find out thru a third party find out about your post where you are showing off your new car. You REALLY need to stop and think about how to deal with people or people WILL stop dealing with you. You went as far as negotiating to purchase an exhaust for the car you had not even left a deposit for. As far as I know you still owe people for parts and services from your old car you totaled. :nono: ..... maybe now that you have a "reliable car" you wont feel the need to text message me at 3am for stupid car questions :madf:
:iwdumbass but i don't think your a dumbass christian :angel: :hide:

KIDS THESE DAYS!!!! :agreed:

·
Akai Suisei - &#36196;&#12356;&#24407;&#26143;
10,377 Posts
I was wondering what happened to the Supra you posted up that you were 100% going to buy. Were your parents aware that you made a commitment to buy this car?

Not cool, Matt.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
New Daily Driver Thread= New Car Thread

There must've been five different cars Matt said he was "going to go pick up this weekend". There was a Z31, a Supra in Houston, Nick's car, an NA MR2, Nick's car AGAIN, and then the Celica.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
SupraMOB, sorry to hear about what happened, but I think there are 2 important lessons here.

1. DEPOSITS!!! Money talks, BS walks, if they won't throw down a deposit, I wouldn't consider them interested.

2. Don't deal with kids. Because usually they are doing things with their parents consent, and in those cases, you should be dealing with the parents and not the kids.

·
GIT-R-DONE YALL HEAR
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SupraMOB, sorry to hear about what happened, but I think there are 2 important lessons here.

1. DEPOSITS!!! Money talks, BS walks, if they won't throw down a deposit, I wouldn't consider them interested.

2. Don't deal with kids. Because usually they are doing things with their parents consent, and in those cases, you should be dealing with the parents and not the kids.

Man perfect said
i agree with you completly, but person learns from his mistakes..point well taken
nick

·
11,221 Posts
When selling something like a car to a kid, just tell him to have their father call you. No need to run through them when the folks are making all the decisions anyways...

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
This guy still owes me money for a body work on his car, a paint job, eibach springs which i installed for him also. I shelled out atleast 200+ of my own cash to help him out and when it comes to him paying he is MIA or brings out the I dont have money card. Whats funny is that I see him in other forums looking for new wheels and what not. Ive probably spent atleast 15+ hrs on his car.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Wow... what a douche bag! To dick around with a tenure SF member like that, what a waste of life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts