Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been up on gaming in a bit. Is there a new version of this available yet?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I got the JAP version of GT5 Prologue super cheap off eBay when it first came out a few months before USA version I didn’t like the game can’t MOD the cars plus I couldn’t read chicken scratch.

Part 4 was way better IMO, Gamefly just dropped of NFS Underground that one also sucks I don’t know what is happening to the race car games lately. I still think CARBON was the last decent one they came out with.

·
Champagne Papi
5,687 Posts
Honestly... It's come down to me hating Gran Turismo.. I can't understand how the sound of the cars aren't louder. You can barely hear the sound of the car (which it is the real car sound) but the cars in general sound like microwaves.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Honestly... It's come down to me hating Gran Turismo.. I can't understand how the sound of the cars aren't louder. You can barely hear the sound of the car (which it is the real car sound) but the cars in general sound like microwaves.
Agree, I don't see how they can spend so much time on models and graphics and leave sounds as an afterthough... It really kills the experience for me.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,890 Posts
Forza learned so much from GT... now it's time for GT to learn from Forza.

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Gran Turismo started to suck after 2.
I know 2 was more arcade-ish, but it actually was a bit more realistic in feel.

GT3-4-and prologe have a disconnected feeling. The cars seems to float. No realism. Every surface you race one seems like its glass. The textures look terrible for the roads...

It just seems disconnected, maybe if the camera swayed a little bit during a hard turn it would give a sense that the car is actually TURNING.

GT2 on Bleemcast for the Dreamcast = best version.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,890 Posts
and where are our engine swaps and body kits? :(. GT could be better then Forza if would just take some the ideas I'm tellin ya.

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GT5 Prologue is it? Hell I bought that for my kid months ago! Damn I thought the real game was out by now...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Umm..it was well know that the prologue was a PRE view...how did all of you miss that?

It was a partial and well noted that it was...did you all think it was the finished product?

heh...

·
Registered
715 Posts
GT5 Prologue will release in fall 2010. Some developer of the game was doing a little preview vid, and he said "When the game comes out in a year". This was a few weeks ago.

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Umm..it was well know that the prologue was a PRE view...how did all of you miss that?

It was a partial and well noted that it was...did you all think it was the finished product?

heh...
Uhh. no we're all retarded.

Our point is that the "DEMO" has been out longer than it takes for a typical video game cycle. Even taking into account designing a new game engine from scratch, which GT5 uses the old GT3 engine, which sucks... Which is used for GT4.. Which sucks, and the Prologue which might as well be its own game because it's been out as a demo in Japan for almost 2 years.

SOoooooooo with that in mind, I'm no longer a GT fan, especially since the game plays like crap.

3,796 Posts
Yea, huge disappointment IMO. I don't play many video games at all and bought the PS3 mainly for GT5. My games include: Assassins Creed, Skate I and II, Tiger Woods 08 and the GT5 prolouge.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts