803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OFFICIAL: Great Falls Park, VA Meet November 11th @ High Noon

Place: Great Falls Park, VA
Date: Saturday, November 11th
Start Time: 12:00 High Noon
End Time: 4:00pm

All Meet Attendee's,

First and foremost I hope everyone had a great time at the meet and got home safely. You couldn't ask for more beautiful weather along with all the beautiful cars. What a huge turnout. It was great meeting all of you!

Hopefully this meet will be the prelude to a much bigger meet in May when I'll try to put together the Mid-Atlantic meet and possibly bring in the Southeast crew as well. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again to all of you who made it out,

Court

All,

This is the end of the year meet for all Supra & Lexus owners in the DC/MD/VA area and beyond. I also might be able to get a few Ferrari/Astons/NSX folks out to the meet if there are no objections, however I cannot say for sure wether any of them will show.

This should be a great opportunity to see everyone's cars before they enter hibernation for the winter. Let's make this a great turn out guys!

Because of the distinct possiblity of cold weather it might make sense to brown bag your own lunch, that way there are no worries of cooking out in the cold and having to worry about coordinating food. However, if the consensus is to grill out I'm fine with that too. There are approximantely 50 picnic tables and 17 grills available on a first come first served basis. I don't know if I will have the time to coordinate such efforts, so someone would need to volunteer their time to make that happen.

The rain-out date is November 18th. Hopefully there would be no need to go beyond that.

Roll Call:

1) chicks
2) mkivowner
3) 1320ms
4) AndrewLindquist
5) mattsmall
6) JP
7) T51R SPL BB
8) WonIt
9) Cherplex
10) Swedemix
11) Oliver
12) Pjb
13) TRD4Life05
14) MDNSX (Acura NSX)
15) jspecb18c
16) Black Chucks
17) aye mate
18) James Kim (Bentley GT)
19) TYWRAP
20) Sins4u33
21) vntperformance (Z06)
22) MKIVBren 50/50
23) Bad SP77
24) intence
25) Boostenmkiv
26) MKIV friend of Boostenmkiv
27) Dash_Performance
28) Blabil
29) Silverbullet
30) NX2KDET
31) Lilmike 02 (Skyline R32 GTR)
32) Dave (K1 Attack)
33) 4N Power
34) not soon enough 50/50
35) 95TT4JJ 50/50
36) Supra7tt
37) UnKnownSCTT
38) Adam2562
39) Adam2562's friend Tommy (SC)
40) Bud (Ferrari Modena 360 Spider)
41) Supra404
42) Pete(RX-8) 50/50
43) Paul (Ferrari 308)
44) frankp
45) frankp's friend (Modified Stingray)
46) deryck324
47) $9ktt
48) Sprigmo1
49) Greg/Tom (Bimmer)
50) caymandiver75 (IS350)
51) Mike (HIN 350z Showcar)
52) Brent (Lotus Elise)
53) Mattsmall's Friend (MK3)
54) Skrappy
55) Ren

·
MKI"V" for Vendetta
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TRD4Life05,

Got your update. I removed you from the list, if things change let me know.

Thanks
Court

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
now lets make this a sticky

·
Registered
77 Posts
ill probably roll up there :)

·
MKI"V" for Vendetta
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can someone tell me the process for posting a sticky for this event to the Northeast forum?

Thanks

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
It turns out im actually meeting family on the 18th so im good for the 11th count me in! :)

·
MKI"V" for Vendetta
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TRD4Life05 - Great, I'll add you back in.

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
wow i just looked at this place on a map. Have yall had meets here in the past? This place looks perfect for me. Its less than 10mins from my house. Ive gone fishing at river bend park right up the road from this place many times.

·
MKI"V" for Vendetta
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mattsmall,

Thanks. Assuming the weather cooperates, I'm hoping for a great turnout!

Thanks for posting on the MDSupra site.

Court

·
MKI"V" for Vendetta
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a Black NSX - 10,000 miles that's planning to come to the meet. He may be bringing a crew of Hayabusa's with him pending weather temps. Working a couple of other exotic owners to see if they will commit as well.

Court

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great Falls is a great location. There was an annual fall meet years ago. At its peak we had about 30 mkivs'. It did start to get alittle crowded. On a nice day the park gets pretty busy, even this time of year. With the leaves changing colors and all. One concern some members had were the speed bumps. The lowered cars and some after market front bumpers were scraping. The meet was eventually moved to the Black Hills park.

·
Registered
95 Posts
FYI, Fairfax cops haven't been very nice in the past whenever a car event is held there. Tickets were given out for loud exhaust. Maybe someone can pick a park that is not in the Fairfax county police juristiction. Just a suggestion because I know my car will definitely get a ticket if cops shows up.....

·
Flush 19" wheel club
535 Posts
I think that having it in Black Hill again is probably a better idea. The issues mentioned the in above posts by nine5 and SUPTTOY were unfortunately the main reasons why the past meets were moved to Black Hill. As long as people are cool there will be no unwanted attention from the cops, no speedbump issue and best of all - it's free. Most of you all have already been to Black Hill at one of these past meets and also know that it's a very nice and big park.

1 - 20 of 302 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.