Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
From the land down under
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
here is a very interesting video, where aero tests are performed on scale models of the JZA80, AW11, FC RX7, and Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ. The Supra tests start at 32 minutes.

I searched to see if this had been posted previously, but found nothing, so hopefully there are plenty of you that havent seen it before. Also, if a mod needs to move this, please do, and my apologies if its in the wrong area. I just wanted to ensure its seen by the most owners possible :)

Enjoy

·
iSPOOL
1,121 Posts
The other wind tunnel test video I've seen was Real Street with their White drag car.
Edit. Forgot the video link:

·
From the land down under
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to have a search for that one, Shady. Cheers.

This one is all done with water, rather than just air, but achieves the same results :)

·
From the land down under
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem, mate. Ill be glad if anybody else loved it as much as I did.

I do wish he had made up some to scale common aero modifications that we typically see in the Supra world though, to quantify their aero influences. Things like big GT wings, Top Secret rear diffuser, TRD wing, RMM Lip, front canards etc etc.

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
Reith and Shady,

Thanks for posting those vids. Very educational.

Ken.

·
From the land down under
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are welcome, Ken. :)

I wonder what the drag co efficient is on the A90? Surely it would have to be heading towards 0.25/26...

·
iSPOOL
1,121 Posts
I would be interested to see the effects of a rear diffuser on the MKIV.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I would be interested to see the effects of a rear diffuser on the MKIV.
Less lift, if designed right. The taller you can make it (within reason, clearance becomes an issue), and the further into the car it reaches, the more pronounced the effect will be. There's a reason they're largely frowned upon in certain classes of autocross and other SCCA racing. ;)

Thanks for the rabbit hole to dive down fellas! :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts