Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just wondering if you can quote on a full 149mm Greddy front mount kit delivered to Adelaide, Australia. Post code 5000. I have a quote direct from Japan but am interested to see whether it is better value through you.

Kind regards,
Ben

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Greddy does not make a Supra-specific kit that is 149mm thick. Are you wanting to make 1,200rwhp or more? Can Trust Japan give you the 8 digit part number of what you are wanting? There was a 5-row core made but its been long discontinued and was core only. You would have to weld on end tanks and make all the piping as well as brackets to hold it onto the Supra and all adapters to allow for power steering, AC lines, horns, etc.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to try find out the details for you. I'm looking at maxxing out my T88H-34D so I figure that would be around 800-900whp.

The kit was a Greddy Type-R kit to suit the T88 direct from Japan. Came in a 115mm and 149mm core thickness. My mate is running the 149mm in his car atm.

Not sure if this helps at all.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
I'll have to try find out the details for you. I'm looking at maxxing out my T88H-34D so I figure that would be around 800-900whp.

The kit was a Greddy Type-R kit to suit the T88 direct from Japan. Came in a 115mm and 149mm core thickness. My mate is running the 149mm in his car atm.

Not sure if this helps at all.

Doesn't help unfortunately. Like I said there was never a bolt-on Supra kit with a 149mm core. And you certainly don't need a 149mm core to make 800-900rwhp. A 149mm core is going to have a large amount of pressure drop and will actually hurt your performance, not help it. Or in other words, yes, there is such a thing as too big of an intercooler.

The Greddy 4-row would be way more than enough for well over 1,000rwhp.

I have ONE of those available if you want it, new in box. They are discontinued worldwide. Its a complete bolt-on kit with full piping and everything.

Kind regards,

Dusty

·
Glad To Be Back
1,342 Posts
Greddy does not make a Supra-specific kit that is 149mm thick. Are you wanting to make 1,200rwhp or more? Can Trust Japan give you the 8 digit part number of what you are wanting? There was a 5-row core made but its been long discontinued and was core only. You would have to weld on end tanks and make all the piping as well as brackets to hold it onto the Supra and all adapters to allow for power steering, AC lines, horns, etc.

Thanks,

Dusty
Dusty the five row cores were type 27 cores (12000027), thats what Greddy refers to them as. Hope this helps! btw Chiba warehouse is currently liquidating alot of overstock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts