Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the cheapest place to get one of these? Last time I checked they were $120 and that's stupid. Thanks guys.

N

·
0 Posts
psychot|K said:
Anyone know the cheapest place to get one of these? Last time I checked they were $120 and that's stupid. Thanks guys.

why use the greddy?

i got a stock one recently for $20

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
search in yahoo...like 3 or 4 sites will pop up...go to the one with the cheapest belt..i think its down to $120-$130 now? they're soo expensive cause not only are they a pretty blue color, but theyre 2.5x stronger than stock..so itll take more power and last longer over stock :) a wise investment i must say.

N

·
0 Posts
JonnyRedline said:
search in yahoo...like 3 or 4 sites will pop up...go to the one with the cheapest belt..i think its down to $120-$130 now? they're soo expensive cause not only are they a pretty blue color, but theyre 2.5x stronger than stock..so itll take more power and last longer over stock :) a wise investment i must say.

ok so if its supposed to last 3x longer than the stock one, then 3 stock ones would be $60. now, is the blue color worth $60? not to me

the stock one will do fine for me, that and they are supposed to last 60K miles as it is, do i need a timing belt that will last for 180K miles? no

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NeverNZ said:
ok so if its supposed to last 3x longer than the stock one, then 3 stock ones would be $60. now, is the blue color worth $60? not to me

the stock one will do fine for me, that and they are supposed to last 60K miles as it is, do i need a timing belt that will last for 180K miles? no
Sorry but I never cheap out when it comes to parts.

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,402 Posts
I have a power enterprise belt, and i dont think 130 for a timing belt is a bad invesment, specially when its made out of stronger materials, like kevlar! i dont cheap out on my car, from my coilovers to my clutch(TRD Twin plate) i get the best, because i hate to have down time on my car. The more time is down, the less time i spend driving it so that is what i hate, not driving it because of some stupid mistake that i could of solved before hand.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
also...the stock belt is meant for stock power...i highly doubt the stock belt will last more than 10k miles on a 500+hp motor ;) that is i hope you all are planning on not keeping your 1j's stock!!

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
ok well my stock belt is still running stong on 500+ with well over 10k. so then what? 120 is for looks. u can spend money else where. just get an OE replacement.

get you facts strait.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
^ I agree

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
/\ /\ :iwdumbass /\ /\ and still running strong with an Isuzu Trooper Belt :bigok:

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
meh...to each his own :p

·
Registered
923 Posts
Good belts, if you dont like paying the price dont buy one, no need to knock a superior product.

Buy it to match those trust cam gears :p

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
We are not "knocking" a better product... we are simply saying its a waste of money..

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
AMEN, put down 507 on a Izuzu belt a year ago and the car still runs strong today, But hey, its your money. Kinda like the manifold arguement, If you wanna spend the money go ahead.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts