Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah we did a pressure test on SILVER BULLETS car today and found a crack in the intercoller!!!!! no shiznit
where the end tank meet the core at the bottom between the first bar and the very bottom of the end tank
found it by using soapy water
now i dont know how many times this has happened to their products (GREDDY)
and dont even know if thats the way it has been for a while who knows it might have come like that!!!!!!
but anyway if any one knows how to fix this easily or hardly , whatever it may help out either way
we just figures to have it welded around that area and pressurize it again and go from there
i have nevered heard or seen such shit in an IC in my life have you?

:devil:
 
G

·
Yeah, Tommy Bahn hit the nitrous when he was BPU and blew the end tank off the damn thing. The FMIC was fairly new but GReddy would not warranty it if I remeber correctly. It was a GReddy 3 row just like mine.

I would think any decent machine shop could put a new weld seam on it for a few bucks. Shouldn't be costly at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats what i thought also
but the difficult thing is that the hole seems to be inside the core
cuz when we did the pressure test the air came from the front and the back! weird yea i know


:devil:
 
G

·
My greddy 3row cracked where the top bracket is (where it bolts to the car in front of the radiator). Greddy would not warranty this either:mad: They told me that they "do NOT warranty turbo parts." Hopefully you will have better luck.

chris
 

·
Senior Spooler
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
racer0284 said:
yeah we did a pressure test on SILVER BULLETS car today and found a crack in the intercoller!!!!! no shiznit
where the end tank meet the core at the bottom between the first bar and the very bottom of the end tank
found it by using soapy water
now i dont know how many times this has happened to their products (GREDDY)
and dont even know if thats the way it has been for a while who knows it might have come like that!!!!!!
but anyway if any one knows how to fix this easily or hardly , whatever it may help out either way
we just figures to have it welded around that area and pressurize it again and go from there
i have nevered heard or seen such shit in an IC in my life have you?

:devil:
They have a new product out called ALUMALOY this is gonna sound off the wall. You only need a propane torch and a rod of this stuff it will work perfect for this application.
No flux, just clean the area and pre-heat to 750 degree's and it melts right into the crack or hole. Here's the number 1-800-443-7656 the stuff from watching the infomercial was incredible. You can fix radiators,car blocks, bell housings ladders, they had shops look over the product absolutley amazing. Flows incredible....
Its 45.00 for 1lb and a free 1/2 lb for using that number. Or it might have been 2lbs and half lb free?
Not trying to sell anything either.... Just noticed this thread and remembered how nice that stuff worked. For 45.00 nothing to lose.
Hope this helps.
 

·
GOT BOOST?
Joined
·
551 Posts
Oh, ANOTHER " GREEDY" product went bad.... Im sorry to hear that man.
I came to the conclusion that greddy does one of the WORST welding jobs. My grandma can weld better than their machines...

My manifold cracked and It was obvios poor welding and they would not warantee it either. Then my waistgate diagpham went south and they wanted me to buy a whole waistage!!! YEAH OK. $900+ for a fix that is less than a $100....
On top of that, I have called them numerous times to ask questions on specs for their products and they DONT KNOW $hit!! Pardon my Phench =) ....

GREEDY FING SUCKS!!!
Just wait another year when all the T78,88,88H's start failing... There are not too many shops that would repair these and parts are limited.

Im sorry but I will stick with domestic products from now on... At lest they stand behind their product and they are more informed on what is going on...
 

·
-Getting High on KAI-
Joined
·
272 Posts
2JZ_MA70 said:


GREEDY FING SUCKS!!!
Just wait another year when all the T78,88,88H's start failing... There are not too many shops that would repair these and parts are limited.

Im sorry but I will stick with domestic products from now on... At lest they stand behind their product and they are more informed on what is going on...
Yours writing whant I was thinking ;)
There is a reason why Hks/SP/PH/Blitz is way more expensive!!!


Runi :dj:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: GREDDY 3 row cracked inside of core?

kaosv1 said:
They have a new product out called ALUMALOY this is gonna sound off the wall. You only need a propane torch and a rod of this stuff it will work perfect for this application.
No flux, just clean the area and pre-heat to 750 degree's and it melts right into the crack or hole. Here's the number 1-800-443-7656 the stuff from watching the infomercial was incredible. You can fix radiators,car blocks, bell housings ladders, they had shops look over the product absolutley amazing. Flows incredible....
Its 45.00 for 1lb and a free 1/2 lb for using that number. Or it might have been 2lbs and half lb free?
Not trying to sell anything either.... Just noticed this thread and remembered how nice that stuff worked. For 45.00 nothing to lose.
Hope this helps.
yeah thats good shit
i copied the number down and hopefully to call them 2morow (2day is thanks giving) and ill see what they have to offer


thanks buddy for the help and the #

:devil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,431 Posts
not sure....but more people may want to do a pressure test just to make sure. WHo knows how long mine has been leaking. could be recent or over 2 years now. I am inprocess of getting mine fixed and will keep updated as to where it was cracked exactly on the inside.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,431 Posts
update...got ic back form my guy and he said that it was a factory defect so to speak.....it was never really welded correctly on whole bottom inside seam....he pressurized it at 15 psi...and was leaking huge........he cut off endtank....welded that line..then rewleded back on...and pressureized up to 60 psi no more leak. So figured i would give an update for all who are interested. My advice pressurize your car/ic . I have probably had this leak for 2 years and never realized it.

Tony
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top