• Horsepower Freaks 3 Row

Votes: 12 17.9%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fellas,

I am in the market for a FMIC for my 94 Supra TT and not sure which one to get. Heard some stories how the installation of the Greddy 3 Row FMIC could be PITA... But after that supposedly it's a really good product and people are getting good results. Now... what about Horsepower Freaks 3 Row FMIC. Does any body have it installed? How difficult is the installation? Any noticeable power increase on the BPU level?

The only difference that I know so far regarding those two intercoolers is that Greddy comes with aluminum pipes and Horsepower Freaks with steel. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks,
Vitek

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
i have the HPF and i love it!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you had any difficulties with installation? Do you have any pictures you can share?

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
i have heard good things about the HPF intercoolers, but then again you cant go wrong with a greddy, it has been proven time and time again!

·
Supralicious
872 Posts
I say GReddy. It is very popular here in the forums and it has proven it self over and over again.

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
I have the HPF intercooler; and love it. no pics of it right now but the install was pretty straight forward. Atleast if you do have any issues with the HPF intercooler you can get someone on the phone that can help as opposed to a "middleman" us dealer for greddy...
then again if you buy from a reputable source, they will ussually take care of you...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
i have the hpf 3 row kit. the install was very easy.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
MDSUPERSTAR said:
Ebay vs Greddy? :doh:
HPF isnt ebay though... Ive seen the kit up close and personal and it is almost, IF NOT exactly like the Greddy 3 row, quality, finish, core dimensions, etc. Id have to say the're both even. Although HPF is cheaper brand new!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
That's what I thought too, there was a thread a while ago and the HPF Intercooler was exactly like the Ebay if not the same.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Looks exactly like an ebay one with the inlet/oulets cut and longer pipes connected and angled back to utilize 3 Row piping.

·
BoosT AddicT
238 Posts
Greddy 3-row all the way! :bigok:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yes thats correct..
Greddy 3 row is a tube and fin core design
HPF fmic is bar and plate core design.

Both Greddy 3 rows that i have owned were of excellent quality and fitment. Ive never used a HPF fmic before, but ive heard good feedback about thier kit. :)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
White95TT said:
Greddy 3-row all the way! :bigok:
greddy for the win

have had 3 and 4 row loved both!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the HPF kit. It was easy to install, came with very detailed instructions, the performance is flawless and the support from the guys at HPF I have found to be second to none. I don't live in their area, I live in Texas and I always find them easy to work with, very informative and THEY CALL YOU BACK WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL. That has been enough for me to buy anything from them over the years HPF branded or other.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I have the Greddy three row, and have no issues with it, and I have seen Vaders HPF 3 row. I would say they are fairly equal.

there has been not test conductied that I am aware of to determine which design more effectively cools the intake charge, so my advice is go with which ever intercooler you can get a better deal on.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ctwins said:
Yes thats correct..
Greddy 3 row is a tube and fin core design
HPF fmic is bar and plate core design.

Both Greddy 3 rows that i have owned were of excellent quality and fitment. Ive never used a HPF fmic before, but ive heard good feedback about thier kit. :)
so what has better qualities, the tube & fin or Bar & plate designs?

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
bar and plate is supposedly better

1 - 20 of 24 Posts