Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wondering if any of you guys that have a 3-row had to remove one of the a/c fans because there was not enough room?

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I did not have to remove the AC fans when i installed my 4-row. Best advice is to leave most of the clamps loose and get everything mocked up on the car to make sure everything fits up properly. The AC lines will have to be bent, mine didn't have to be bent very much fortunely.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my shop is saying something about a "fan" we actually have two of them, and they said they need to remove one of them? please help summer is close by :rolleyes:!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Is your car an automatic? Is so, there is an extra fan toyota puts in front of the radiator. It will need to be removed in order to get the 3 row in. You should invest in a tranny cooler.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just put a 3-row on mine about 1 month ago and mine was an automatic. They have an extra fan in front of the radiator on the driver's side that is supposed to turn on at the same time as the small elec fan that is built in to the factory shroud. You have to take it out to make the Greddy fit and I haven't noticed any change in coolant temps yet..... I may just put a thinner fan back in if I notice any change.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
PIMP Motorsports said:
Is your car an automatic? Is so, there is an extra fan toyota puts in front of the radiator. It will need to be removed in order to get the 3 row in. You should invest in a tranny cooler.
Boostin, I wouldn't ignore this advice. A cheap tranny cooler is well worth the investment. you don't want your tranny crapping out because you removed a little fan and didn't do anything to offset the difference in cooling.

·
Registered
82 Posts
VeilsideTT said:
Boostin, I wouldn't ignore this advice. A cheap tranny cooler is well worth the investment. you don't want your tranny crapping out because you removed a little fan and didn't do anything to offset the difference in cooling.
Yea, forgot to mention that in my other post. I put a Hayden tranny cooler in the pass. front brake duct and will be putting another one in the driver's duct also in the near future. I have also thought about putting one between the intercooler and radiator for even more help. I am planning on putting in a higher stall with built tranny, can't be too careful about the excess heat from the high stall.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i put in my 3row last night and during the process got a face full of freon.
my friend helping out almost seriously hurt himself.
now my car works but its making weird noises.
i think i need to fill up the ac lines again but i don't know where to fill it up.
also, i dont know if i damaged the ac system..
damn it!!!
can someone please help me out.
any advice would be great.
plase pm me.
thanks

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
PIMP Motorsports said:
yup, gotta remove the fan for the 3row to fit. I agree in the investment of a tranny cooler :bigthumb:

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
If you are running an automatic, that fan blows cold air on the radiator. If you look at the radiator of an auto supra, you'll notice that there are lines that run from the tranny to the bottom of the radiator. The bottom of the radiator holds tranny fluid and is the stock tranny cooler. I would recommend going to advance auto or some place similar and getting a small cooler and mount it near the front bottom air duct and get a small electric fan, then wire that up to the harness that went to the old larger fan. I hope that makes sense because I am on my medication right now. ;)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Johnny Kim said:
i put in my 3row last night and during the process got a face full of freon.
my friend helping out almost seriously hurt himself.
now my car works but its making weird noises.
i think i need to fill up the ac lines again but i don't know where to fill it up.
also, i dont know if i damaged the ac system..
damn it!!!
can someone please help me out.
any advice would be great.
plase pm me.
thanks
Take it to a qualified AC technician for a charge. Its not something you should be messing around with if you've never done it before imo. What kind of weird noises is it making? Make sure all the clamps are tight and that there are no leaks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i know i was stupid for trying to install something that was too hard for me.
im having it towed tonight.
hopefully everything is fine.
i think the noises are coming from not having enough power steering fluid.
thanks for your reply. i will tell you guys how it goes.
i hope everything is cool.

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
No, you're not stupid. What if everything went well and you had no problems? I didn't know jack about cars until I worked on my supra. $h!t happens. Its probably something simple. Once you learn what the problem is, find out why it happend, and next time you'll be that much wiser. We all learn more from our mistakes.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Johnny Kim said:
i know i was stupid for trying to install something that was too hard for me.
im having it towed tonight.
hopefully everything is fine.
i think the noises are coming from not having enough power steering fluid.
thanks for your reply. i will tell you guys how it goes.
i hope everything is cool.
Oh, thats not a big deal. I had the same problem. Just fill your power steering fluid and let teh fluid circulate. It'll be a few minutes before the whining stops but it will stop once all the air is out of there and thte fluid circulates through. The AC part should be taken to a mechanic that can charge your AC, its not common for DIY'ers to have that equipment.

·
Registered
156 Posts
thanks guys for all your possitive replies. you guys have helped out alot. the car is running fine. i got the power steering fluid and the ac lines filled. thanks for all your helpfull posts.

johnny

1 - 19 of 19 Posts