Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will install the Greddy 3 row this weekend. So, I would like to get some ideas and input from those who installed the IC by themselves.

Does anyone installed Greddy 3 Row by themselves?
How hard is it? Anything should I wacth out for?

Do I really need to take off the headlights?

Your input will be much appreciate.
Thank you!

Best Regards,
SETO

·
TC Motorsports
404 Posts
You will need to take off the headlights in order to get to the remaining screw underneath the headlights for the front bumper. The Greddy instructions are very good so just follow them pretty closely. Not really that hard of an installation just time consuming.

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
I have installed intercoolers, without even taking the bumper off. This makes things alittle harder, especially with removigg the stock sidemount. The intercooler install is straight forward. You will have to relocate the A/C lines on the driver side for the IC pipe and you will have to relocate powersteering. But if you take your time, you wont have any problems.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the inputs!

Anything else...

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm still having issues with my own setup. For some reason the box for the hood latch on the passenger side is keeping me from aligning the top hole on the passenger side with the mounting hole. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
593 Posts
TommyR1 said:
I'm still having issues with my own setup. For some reason the box for the hood latch on the passenger side is keeping me from aligning the top hole on the passenger side with the mounting hole. Any suggestions?
you have to remove the black hood latch housing.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
its a pretty simple install between me and my dad we did it in a day...we didnt really need to take off fron bumper because i didnt have one lol = )

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ctwins said:
you have to remove the black hood latch housing.

duhh.. i shoulda known... i was tired that day and my car has been literally jacked up since HAHAHAH... thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tonite, I just took off the front bumper, the stock side mount, and all pipings.

Now, I am stuck.
:(

What's next! I was looking at MKIV pics, I couldn't really see the steps.
Please help!

·
Registered
593 Posts
NITECRUISER said:
Tonite, I just took off the front bumper, the stock side mount, and all pipings.

Now, I am stuck.
:(

What's next! I was looking at MKIV pics, I couldn't really see the steps.
Please help!

first relocate the power steering cooling line to underneath the drivers side headlight
area. ...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do I need to remove the fan infront of radiator?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ctwins said:
first relocate the power steering cooling line to underneath the drivers side headlight
area. ...
should I drain the fluid?
Where should I remove it to?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
NITECRUISER said:
should I drain the fluid?
Where should I remove it to?
yes, you will have to drain it. after you remove the oem lines, replace it with the greddy one that came with the kit. dont forget to refill the fluid.

if you have any question other then this, please ask, this is what forums are for but sometimes people forget its to help...

·
Registered
593 Posts
you will also have to startup the car and have someone turn the steering wheel full rotations in both directions while you top off the p/s fluid to the correct levels, until you get all the air out of the system.
this is after your 3 row installation is complete of course.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank's so much for your help!

I have drained the fluid.
Now, it's so hard to take the line out

How did you guys take it out?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts