Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I’ve been doing some research on FMIC for my supe.

The majority of peeps on here recommend the Greddy 3 Row as apposed to the HKS type S (Includes all piping, overflow tank etc etc.)

Although I don’t mind paying the extra money for it I am slightly worried that it is around 50% larger than the Type S, and I’m only running Stock Twins.

I don’t plan to go single but I do intend on raising the boost up to around 1.1 - 1.2 soon.

So, to my question: Will there be a considerable amount of lag with the 3 row compared to the type s because the 3 row has more space to fill up with air? or will it not be noticeable at all?

Also will the 3 row fit with my oil cooler still in position? I know that the type s does but wasn’t sure on the 3 row?

Thanks all.
Scott

UK TT Auto
Full De Cat
Blitz Nur-Spec.

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Valid points and thanks for your reply’s but you both have manual cars don’t you?

I have an Auto, which is why im pretty sure I will stay on stock twins for the future.
I don’t want to go too big if my twins can’t utilise it! Im already worried that 3 row will create too much lag, let alone going for a 4 row!

Cheers lads.

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would really like the 3 row but i am not sure if the piping will pass the oil cooler (auto trans cooler) on the passenger side.

i am also worried about the extra lag compaired to the type S as the 3 row is about 50% larger apparently.

Cheers

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my main concern was that the type s doesnt come with everything it needs for a perfect fit.

from your replys i am personaly tempted by the 3 Row.
If what you say is true 'Caughron' and there is no incresed lag then thats one worry out the window, what boost are you running on your twins?

I just hope it fits as my trans cooler is in stock location.
'VeilsideTT' do you know if your trans cooler is in stock location still?

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Also, 'Caughron' what other mods do you have on your car.
I would love to hit around 400wrhp when i finish rebuilding my engine.
seeing as the lump is out at the moment it would be mighty rude not to make a few additions. Spun a bearing and cracked my crank so im going for a Short Motor.

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.