Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pictures of how the pipes between the throttle body and the intercooler should be routed? Specifically I need to see the area where the two pipe (4 and 5) connect together. I got everything together but those little metal pipes really got in the way. I don't want those connectors popping off.

Chris
93.5 TT

·
Registered
14 Posts
How hard was the whole install process besides the pipe routing? Im wondering if this is something I can do by myself or if I should maybe have it professionally done.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had to cut out a little of the plastic frame that provides the mounting point for the underbody panel to fit the piping. Dremel tool is great for cutting in tight places.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
It was a 9hr job for me, my dad, brother, and two friends. Only took smoke breaks and drink breaks. I would pay someone else to install next time. You have to bend a couple of tabs back or cut off you preference. There will be trimming of the under panel and some other plastic pieces too. Hardest part was rigging the power steering cooler line. Other than that it was O.K., but never again.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ruup2it said:
The Greddy 3 row kit comes with a bracket that relocates the 2 small freon pipes. What you do is unscrew the secure screw for the pipes, then you pull the pipes a couple of inches lower, and secure with the bracket. Then the hardpipe from the intercooler and the throttle pipe would be able to fit above the moved pipes.
Becareful to do this slowly, and be sure to secure the rubber connectors.
This install took my friend and I three days, because of our jobs but I'm sure now it'll be cake.
Both sets of metal pipes are supposed to go on the bracket? I only put one. It didn't seem to hang the pipes too much lower. Maybe I mounted the bracket in the wrong place.

It took me about ten hours to do working slowly by myself. I think two of those hours was spent trying to figure out just this part of the install. I couldn't really tell what to do by the pictures in the manual. The install wasn't hard, just time consuming. If you get someone who did it before to help you could probably do it in half the time it took me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts