Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to have my ignition replace at a local shop and when I got it back my egt gauge wasn't working. I checked all the connections right up to the harness and came to the conclusion that there's something wrong with the gauge itself now. Could they have shorted it out some how when testing ignition system?

The probe is fine and is sending a signal to the gauge. Tested all power leads to the harness and all is fine.

I'd like to check it out but how do you get it apart with out damaging it? Need to remove the bezel that holds the glass in place and doesn't seem to screw off, it's like it's pressed on.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
If you bought it from an authorized Greddy retailer, you can have it sent in for warranty service in the first year of use. If you did not buy from a retailer or if it's been over a year, then you can still send it in through a proper retailer, but it will just cost a bit to do it.

Those gauges are next to impossible to take apart. Greddy reps told me several times about certain tools they have that are only for taking these apart.

And yes definitely when someone replaced the ignition, they could have harmed the gauge. There's no way to pin it on them or find out for sure though. It's just a matter of having it figured out. Do you have anyone else local that you can put the gauge in just to make sure your electrical connections are still good? That's what I'd recommend first.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
itried already. They dont come apart easy. You will likely break it more.
You can get a new gauge for like $100 if that worse case senario.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts