Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

A friend has installed a greddy boostcut controller, but the car still "cuts" at 1.1bar of boost. Is it necessary to adjust the potentiometer in the bcc to avoid the the fuelcuts?

The enginelamp starts to blink when the car "cuts", is that normal to?

Regards Mattias

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had some problems with mine but they were all related to installation. One important thing though, I set mine to the 1996 Volt spec. I think it was 6.1V.

After checking the installation and leaving the volt out put at 6.1 V I have not have any problems.

The light thing you mention is rather weird.
Recommend going over installation, may be wires are connected to the right place but the splice and the taps are bad.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
beezupra said:
Everything you need to know should be in my BCC Tech article here:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/bcc/bcc_install/bcc_intro.htm

But yes you do need to adjust the pot - the units I have tested are shipped out at all sorts of differebnt settings. And no, 6.1V is NOT correct - please see the article.
Is it enough to drive and adjust at the same time, to make it cut at 1.3 for example? The guy who has the supra, want to go 1.2bar boost.

And how about the enginelamp, should it blink when it Fuelcuts?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I don't know the answer to if the light should blink - I have never experienced fuel-cut because it is so easy to just adjust the pot correctly and avoid the problem. Best of luck finishing getting it dialed in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
beezupra said:
I don't know the answer to if the light should blink - I have never experienced fuel-cut because it is so easy to just adjust the pot correctly and avoid the problem. Best of luck finishing getting it dialed in.
Have checked if the bcc is correctly installed.

The pressure wire is cut off. And from the bcc the green wire goes in to the ECU, and the white goes away from the ecu...

That must be correct??

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
That must be correct. Set it to 4.1 or 4.3V (depending on the year of the car) and there will be no fuel cut at all anymore. You can´t set a new "cut-point" with this device. This will just freeze the voltage at the predetermined (mentioned above) voltage and keep it there when the sensor output reaches this particular level. Everything underneath will just be sent to the ECU unfiltered.

Gerd

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hefti2 said:
That must be correct. Set it to 4.1 or 4.3V (depending on the year of the car) and there will be no fuel cut at all anymore. You can´t set a new "cut-point" with this device. This will just freeze the voltage at the predetermined (mentioned above) voltage and keep it there when the sensor output reaches this particular level. Everything underneath will just be sent to the ECU unfiltered.

Gerd
Ok, how do you set the voltage, between which cables do i make a measure?

Mattias

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
You need to get a voltometer. It's all in the MKiv.com tech articles, m'man!

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Basically the put together the white and the red cable and connect it to +, connect the black one to ground and then measure the ouptut of the green cable. It should measure the above mentioned voltages.
To adjust the voltage you need to open the BCC and adjust the variable resistor inside.
Then you are all done.
Gerd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts