Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 52mm Greddy electronic Boost Gauge thru HorsepowerFreaks (received great service and a great price by the way). Anyway, I was going to try to put it in the clock location. On the MKIV.com boost gauge install article, it says use the supplied brackets to install the gauge. Apparently the Greddy doesn't come with brackets.

Any suggestions on the easiest way to secure it in the clock location? I really don't want to just duct tape it in there! :)
Is there something I can buy at my local Autozone?

Thanks for any advice

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
thats what i hate about the greddy unit no brackets but great units !

anyway you can use silicone or if you have a hot glue gun use that!

apply it to the back of the unit not in the hole itself !
i recomend the hot glue gun!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another option I remember reading about was to get a really big ty-wrap and tie the gauge right behind the dash console. That way the gauge will not slide out and the gauge lip will keep it from sliding in.

Hope this helps and good luck,

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
np let us know the out come and dont use to much glue!
ToeJamme said:
Thanks Ranger,

Luckily my wife has a glue gun. I'm going to go install it now. :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the middle of installing my boost gauge. I have the dash apart, and the Greddy pressure sensor hooked up to the turbo sensor. I finally got the wiring through the firewall.....what a PITA that was.

I haven't yet glued the gauge itself to the dash yet....before I do that, I want to hook up all the wiring. Can anybody help me out?

I have four wires to hook up to:
12 volt power source
Ignition line
Parking light line
Ground

The MKIV boost gauge install article for the SPI just shows two wires to hook up at the ashtray.....12 volt and ground. Does anybody else know a better place to hook them up? Anybody know the wires I need for ignition line and parking light line?

Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just put the Boost gauge in the clock location, and what a nice fit! Amazing. I almost wasn't even going to do anything else, but ended up using just a LITTLE bit of hot glue just to be safe. I really think I could have gotten by without it. Snug fit.

Can anybody help me with the wiring?

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
For the lights and ground, you can just use the cigarette lighter wires. Tap the wire for the light into the green/yellow wire, then tap the ground into the green white wire. The other set of wires for the cig lighter will have a switched ignition source for you. At least im pretty sure the cig lighter wont work with the key off. You should check with a meter to find the right one. Be sure to plug your odometer back in prior to reconnecting the battery or you will get the flashing airbag light.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Boost Gauge is done and works great!

Parboy, thanks for the tip. A lot easier at the cig lighter light than wiring to the ashtray per the MKIV.COM install article. As for the 12 volt and ignition, I just wired them to the fuse box. Oh well. Sucks not being able to test the wires with the battery disconnected.

For the record, (in case anybody reads this post after doing a search) connect your boost gauge parking light line to the green wire with orange stripe at the cig lighter light. Connect the ground to the white wire with green stripe.

C-Supra TT, if the boost gauge would have been a looser fit, I was thinking of doing a combination of the tie wrap around the gauge along with the hot glue. Since it was a really secure fit and I had a glue gun handy, I just did that. By the way, I was only able to get the hot glue around half of the gauge.

Thanks again guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts