Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post how I wired my Greddy Boost Gauge into the factory clock harness for anyone that is still trying to figure out which wire goes where.

The red gauge wire goes to the blue clock wire
The orange gauge wire goes to the red clock wire
The white gauge wire goes to the green clock wire
The black gauge wire goes to the white clock wire

With this set up the gauge only lights up when the lights are turned on and everything works perfectly.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
nice tip im sure this will help someone in the future!

thanks for taking the time to post this !;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just wired mine in last night pretty similar to your setup. But I tried to get creative and make my gauge dim with my dimmer switch. Here's the funny thing, on the dimmer switch the middle wire decreases in voltage as the dimmer function on the lights increases. Basically, when the boost gauge was lit up, the gauges were not and when the boost gauge was completely dim the dash lights were lit up. Anyone else experience this?

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah.. when my gauges are dimmed the boost gauge is bright.. when the gauges are turned up all the way, the boost gauge is dark.. the guy that I bought the Supra had it wired up this way.. When I get a new boost gauge (he had a junkie SPI one in there) I will wire it up to the clock.. Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats why I didnt try and get creative. I am not too good at wiring and was afraid I would make a disaster out of everything if I tried to wire it into the dimmer switch. The way mine works now is perfect for me because I never play with the dimmer knob anyway. The boost gauge and my dash gauges are all lit up all the way. I hope this does help out some people in the future.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i know this is a old ass post, but i just wanted to say it did help somebody in the future which was me. the clock diagrams helped out too from other posts. thanks KJSUPRA

·
Registered
45 Posts
KJSUPRA said:
I just wanted to post how I wired my Greddy Boost Gauge into the factory clock harness for anyone that is still trying to figure out which wire goes where.

The red gauge wire goes to the blue clock wire
The orange gauge wire goes to the red clock wire
The white gauge wire goes to the green clock wire
The black gauge wire goes to the white clock wire

With this set up the gauge only lights up when the lights are turned on and everything works perfectly.
my greddy boost gauge has 3 wires, black, red and white.

any idea which wire on the clock is for illumination green or white?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just want to let you guys know that this thread helped me with my boost gauge installation. Nearly 7 years after the original post. hehe

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i just installed an aftermarket clock on the oem clock position. again... this thread is a life saver!!! one thing i noticed tho is that my clock wouldnt move all the time unless it was connected to the red clock wire. i tried to connect it to the blue clock wire, and no movements without ignition switch on. i also have it switched for my greddy boost gauge where:

red gauge wire goes to red clock wire
orange gauge wire goes to blue clock wire

·
Banned
700 Posts
Does the boost gauge dim correctly set up like this? If I recall correctly mine is set up like this but the boost gauge works opposite of the dimmer so I have to keep the dimmer in the middle which keeps all gauges as closely lit as possible to each other

I would love to have it working correctly after 8 years of leaving it alone I forgot about the problem till I just took my dash out and am cleaning up the old wiring.

TIA,
Anthony

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
This is good info....i have an autometer gauge that the prev owner installed in my car..the light suddenly stopped working and i thought it was the bulb but it is not...So i assume i have a wiring issue, but i dont think the guy who installed this gauge wired it through the clock ...it is in the clock position, so i figure i will buy a new gauge and wire it up correctly using this info.

when the light was working everything worked correctly tho..it worked just like it was stock so he must have done something right..

·
Registered
718 Posts
I tried this and got my gauge needle showing wrong, then I changed the wiring to this and it works perfect now.

red gauge wire goes to red clock wire
orange gauge wire goes to blue clock wire

·
Registered
254 Posts
Whoever started this thread is a legend! thank you - 9 years later and it's still helpful!

I have an extra wire which is the yellow wire, I have absolutely no idea where this goes!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts