Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dusty I recently heard from a friend of mine that Greddy do a CF cooling plate. Do you know anything about these?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
greddy also do a anodised blue cooling plate as wel, do they do them for supras or is it just the aluminum ones that are for supras?

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
Dusty,

With the MVP Carbon Fiber Cooling PLate, can you still install hoodpins through it?

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
What is the function of the cooling plate and where on MVP's site is located?

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
What is the function of the cooling plate and where on MVP's site is located?

It is in the Cooling Components section.

The purpose is to block off all the air that escapes uselessly into the engine bay between the headlights. A FMIC blocks the radiator from much needed cool road air. A lof of the air passes through the FMIC into the radiator. But a good amount of it takes the path or least resistance into your engine bay through this hole. By blocking it off you are forcing the air through the radiator, thus increasing your cooling capacity.

Just this weekend I had a guy in the UK email me to tell me that JUST this plate solved his overheating issue.

Kind regards,

Dusty

·
3,488 Posts
It is in the Cooling Components section.

The purpose is to block off all the air that escapes uselessly into the engine bay between the headlights. A FMIC blocks the radiator from much needed cool road air. A lof of the air passes through the FMIC into the radiator. But a good amount of it takes the path or least resistance into your engine bay through this hole. By blocking it off you are forcing the air through the radiator, thus increasing your cooling capacity.

Just this weekend I had a guy in the UK email me to tell me that JUST this plate solved his overheating issue.

Kind regards,

Dusty
Dusty,

I have an FMIC cover plate. Do these serve the same function? It is located in the exact same location as the unit in the picture on MVP's website.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The MVP CF cooling plate is a beautiful piece of kit,and a perfect fit as well.Can't go wrong with it.(oh i think i just made a rime)

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Dusty,

I have an FMIC cover plate. Do these serve the same function? It is located in the exact same location as the unit in the picture on MVP's website.

If its in the same place and it blocks air from escaping needlessly into the engine bay, then yes it serves the same function.

Dusty

·
3,488 Posts
If its in the same place and it blocks air from escaping needlessly into the engine bay, then yes it serves the same function.

Dusty
This may be a stupid question, but... is there any real difference between a metal or the carbon fiber that the Greddy unit is made from, in heat transfer due to material?

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
I'm sure myself and 50 other people on here could write a 1 page summary on carbon fiber vs aluminum heat transfer. In short, CF blocks heat better than metal, which transfers heat through it. Thus CF keeps engine heat out of the area between the FMIC and radiator.

Regards,

Dusty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts