Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you recommend it? Also does it replace the stock ECU or does it just attach to it and allow for tuning? Would you recommend one for a BPU car? The reason I like it is because SP Engineering in so cal tunes it.
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
its a piggy back unit ..that means it attaches to your stock ecu. not many MKIV guys run this unit but the few that do i think like it and the few that tried it didnt like it so its 50/50
i think more mkIII guys use it and like it.

i suggest mabe looking into the PHR map ecu its sorta like a vpc and gcc in one they say but smaller and windows based.

click here to read about it


also do a search we have taled about this many times.
like this thread.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=86719&highlight=GReddy+Emanage
 

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
You can control injectors, timing, and boost. It also functions as a BCC. You'll need additional harnesses, and the control screen.

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/index.html

I'm thinking about getting it because it "makes up/replaces" 3-4 pieces of equipment: Boost controller, fuel computer, bcc, timing, AND you can control everything via the screen mounted in the cockpit. There maybe more features to it, but I don't know too much about it yet to really describe/explain anything.

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
I have purchased entire setup and was going to use it in conjunction with my VPC since I am not running MAF. I was going to use it to replace my GCC, BCC, and adjust timing for spray.. I was told by someone that I should just keep GCC/VPC and use Emanage for timing issues only but would I not have MUCH BETTER fuel control by replacing the GCC to run fuel?? I am doing SP67GT single and wanted more tuning ability while keeping OEM ECU... Also, going to run Profec e-01 with Emanage and tune with my laptop..

I think the Emanage is a really good unit.. It is just that there has not been nearly enough exploiting of the full range of possibilities with the MKIV.. Hopefully it will serve my needs beyond a very expensive timing controller..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,343 Posts
Just remember that you can only use one optional harness. There is only one extra socket on the Emanage, so it's either Ignition timing, OR fuel injector control.

I use the Emanage just to tune fuel. Works awesome, and has such a huge grid to fine tune. I will be installing the ignition harness shortly, since I don't need to control injectors (Just changing MAF signal like an S-AFC would).

P.S. I am controlling 1000cc injectors with it, and I have been able to tune it prfectly.
 

·
Old School Socal Member
Joined
·
364 Posts
OVRBST said:
Just remember that you can only use one optional harness. There is only one extra socket on the Emanage, so it's either Ignition timing, OR fuel injector control.

I use the Emanage just to tune fuel. Works awesome, and has such a huge grid to fine tune. I will be installing the ignition harness shortly, since I don't need to control injectors (Just changing MAF signal like an S-AFC would).

P.S. I am controlling 1000cc injectors with it, and I have been able to tune it prfectly.
You can control BOTH ignition AND fuel with the Emanage not just one. Both harnesses plug into the Emanage at the same time.
 

·
Old School Socal Member
Joined
·
364 Posts
brianb said:
You can control injectors, timing, and boost. It also functions as a BCC. You'll need additional harnesses, and the control screen.

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/index.html

I'm thinking about getting it because it "makes up/replaces" 3-4 pieces of equipment: Boost controller, fuel computer, bcc, timing, AND you can control everything via the screen mounted in the cockpit. There maybe more features to it, but I don't know too much about it yet to really describe/explain anything.

Brian
You cannot control boost with the Emanage. You can only control fuel and ignition. To control boost you would have to have the E-01
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
So is the emanage capable of datalogging any additional inputs? I'd like to be able to datalog a wideband input along with
RPM and boost. Does anyone know if that's possible? I would imagine you'd have to be able to edit the voltage to A/F conversion table, if that's even possible with the unit.

I'm also curious about the ability to control additional injectors as I think it would work great to control one of Derek's variable meth kits off an additional injector output. This way you could actually have some control over the meth kit by varying duty cycle on the AIC output.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
I'm in the process of doing one on a VVT-i NA-T...any input you guys have would be appreciated.
- Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
My cut & paste respose to E Manage questions:

On a Supra, the E Manage has the capability of sizing different injectors and correcting the airflow voltage (like a normal fuel computer). It can do the latter much better than any normal fuel computer though, because it has a 16x16 table of RPM vs. a 0-5volt input to do it. You could use this table to correct for a different mass airflow meter if you wanted.

The only problem with the airflow correction map is that its supposed to be based off RPM vs. throttle position. Why I have no idea, but the simple fix is to connect the throttle position wire to the MAF signal (they are both 0-5 volt signals afterall).

It is very good at sizing different injectors because it has our mass airflow meter's voltage-airflow function built in. All I needed to do to run dual MAF was to leave one MAF plugged in and half the injector size (so the E doubles the airflow signal to the ECU).

It is supposed to be able to alter timing on a 16x16 map as well. However, this function doesn't seem to work properly on coil-on-plug cars. Maybe they have fixed it in the latest software release, but I don't know.

It can log all of its inputs, including duty cycle. It cannot log total timing advance.

Sadly the functionality of the E Manage is greatly limited by its software. The unit's hardware should be capable of converting any airflow signal into any other, but thats not possible (or at least not documented). Right now it only allows converting some MAF types to certain others.

The Tech said:
You can control BOTH ignition AND fuel with the Emanage not just one. Both harnesses plug into the Emanage at the same time.
Yeah you can, they use different wires on the same harness.

The Tech said:
You cannot control boost with the Emanage. You can only control fuel and ignition. To control boost you would have to have the E-01
The E's injector drivers are just PWM signals. Someone said they used them to control a boost solenoid, but I don't really see how given the high frequency of the injector signals. I wouldn't think a boost control solenoid could respond fast enough.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top