Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what size bung to get an 1/8th or 1/4 inch?

TIA,
Gregg

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Anybody!!! Someone please let me know as I order'd a 1/8th NPT one yesterday but then foundout there are 2 sizes. Considering the amount of people here who have an EGT I'm suprised no one has commented yet :scratch: ?

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
DaveH said:
Mine is 1/8" npt.
You have the Greddy egt setup also Dave? I was thinking it was 1/8th butI left it at home so I cant check the size.

Thanks dave, :)
Gregg

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
MtFujiSupra said:
Why not weld-in a 1/4 NPT and if you need 1/8 just screw in an adapter. This way you can buy any thermocouple.
Where would I get one of those adapters?
I order'd the bung from ATP and its $3.95 but $20 shipped COD :rant2: but I can get a 1/4" NPT right down the street for $3!

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
There is only one Greddy EGT bung size. If you had ordered the Greddy one you would have this problem solved already and not have to worry about it. :)

Its 1/8 NPT. Whoever told you there is a 1/4 NPT from Greddy is 110% wrong.

Regards,

Dusty

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dusty,
I bought the EGT in our F/S section not thru Greddy as I would have gotten the bung at the same time, I may be slow but I'm not dumb lol! Also nobody told me Greddy has a 1/4 inch bung, Martell Brothers Racing is close to my work so I called them, they are mainly a American muscle shop but he was out of the 1/8th but had 1/4 so thats why I asked.

Anyway my 1/8 NPT bung will be here Monday so issue resolved :)

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Ah, well your VM led me to believe you weren't sure which one of the Greddy sizes it is, 1/4 and 1/8. Sounded weird to me since they only make 1/8. But whatever, you got what you needed on the way, that's what matters.

Dusty

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for touching base with me though Dusty I appreciate it :) .

Gregg

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
texasmr2 said:
Where would I get one of those adapters?
I order'd the bung from ATP and its $3.95 but $20 shipped COD :rant2: but I can get a 1/4" NPT right down the street for $3!
Oh shit! $24 for a bung? See, this is why I suggested the 1/4 bung- everybody has them. BTW, I would have sent you the adaptor on good-will. I kick those things out of the way everyday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts