Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Post em up here guys: I have the answers and the help you need.

Tuning Answers: Tuning the Ultimate is a 3 part process:
1. Make sure you use the Ultimate's Boost Sensor and Wiring Harness, Set the Airflow Output Map. You HAVE to have the boost sensor for MAF elimination or for running 20+ psi on MAP based computers (JDM).
2. Adjust the timing map
3. Once you have your timing map and airflow map set, make you fine tuning adjustemnts using the injector output map.
Obviously there is WAY more to it than that, but that is the basic process for getting these units dialed in correctly.

Wiring Answers:
Look no further:

http://www.powerhouseracing.com/p-4572-phr-greddy-emanage-ultimate-pnp-harness.aspx

Yes you can wire it in yourself, but trust me on this one, don't hack up your factory harness with as many wires you need to wire in. This is a no brainer: saves you a ton of time and frustration, as well as keeping it nice and neat.

MAPS:
Send requests

We offer tuning here at Powerhouse Racing. Clearly the best choice of all.

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
Finally!!! For so long the forums have shuned this ECU it's nice to finally see a forum sponsor support this Piggy back. How well would this piggy back work on a NA-T setup?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally!!! For so long the forums have shuned this ECU it's nice to finally see a forum sponsor support this Piggy back. How well would this piggy back work on a NA-T setup?
It'll work fine on an NA-T Setup. I recommend using an OBDII ECU in conjunction, but should work fine on OBDI. I don't have any maps for OBDI ecu right now, but if someone wants to be the first for me to tune it, hit me up.

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Bryan,

You actually tuned my 1JZ with emanage when i first got it running for tx2k11. I have since switched to an Aristo ECU/harness. I havent had the funds to come see you again so ive been doing a very basic tune myself just pulling fuel out.

I do have a question though. The first time you tuned it you set the airflow output map, is there an advantage to doing that vs using the boost cut limiter and clamping the map voltage?

thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bryan,

You actually tuned my 1JZ with emanage when i first got it running for tx2k11. I have since switched to an Aristo ECU/harness. I havent had the funds to come see you again so ive been doing a very basic tune myself just pulling fuel out.

I do have a question though. The first time you tuned it you set the airflow output map, is there an advantage to doing that vs using the boost cut limiter and clamping the map voltage?

thanks,

Rich
Using the BCC, clamps the voltage at 4.2 volts. If I do that in the Airflow output map, it does the exact same thing. The boost cut limiter would be used when you are using the airflow output map on the MAF signal, AND using the boost cut limiter setting on the MAP signal. This is only good on US spec 2jzgte. Because your 1jz is MAP based, and we are modifying the MAP output, we can't use the boost cut limiter and have to do it in the map.

·
From the land down under
3,878 Posts
I have been running my na-t setup with the EMU since 2008, and have no complaints with it. I especially love the datalogging feature, it was very helpful in the early road tuning stage etc

I have everything wired up, and its controlling sard 550cc injectors, but Im not controlling the igniton side of things at my current power lever (420whp) the factory ecu and knock sensors seeem to be coping very admirably in that dept as when it was on the dyno for a session, there was no audiable knock with the Link knock monitoring headphones.

It starts, idles, and drives 100% like it did when it was NA, just with 100% more power now :)

·
Follow the white rabbit
1,653 Posts
I have a question on this. I wired mine up and everything works fine, but when i run my ignition wires through the EMU it runs and drives fine, but if i try to launch it with my stock auto it dies instantly... any idea why? even if i dont have launch control engaged. as soon as I bypass the EMU I can bring it up to stall it again.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a question on this. I wired mine up and everything works fine, but when i run my ignition wires through the EMU it runs and drives fine, but if i try to launch it with my stock auto it dies instantly... any idea why? even if i dont have launch control engaged. as soon as I bypass the EMU I can bring it up to stall it again.
This is something I'd probably have to have in hand to diagnose. I've never seen this problem before. What factory ECU are you running? I can take a look at your map and see if there is anything abnormal. [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
So on 2jz-gte (jmd spec), there is just a map "signal", no maf. U get fcd working adjusting airflow output volts? And u dont connect ultimates analog in and output wires?

Thank you, got answer in email.
-Aku

·
Registered
524 Posts
i had an problem my my ultimate, ive tried again and again but it doesnt seem to make a differnce when i change my rev limit, also launch control. ive changed settings, check all the boxes and read the manual but it jsut doesnt seem to make a difference.

·
Registered
524 Posts
ok so ive got 440cc injectors at the moment with a resistor box and there maxxed out for duty cycle, i have a few questions about changing to bigger ones:

. the new 750cc injectors are 11.7 ohms and the original 330cc injectors were 13.6 ohms, does this mean i will still need a resistor pack or is 11.7 considered high enough? (the manual doesnt state a spefic value it has to be over to not need a resistor pack)

.as for fueling at the moment everything is being trimmed individually at the injector adjustment map but with 750cc injectors i need to take out more fuel that what is possible (the map only allows for -80) so does this mean i would use the i/j before and after injector size in parameters and then tune the injector adjustment map from there?

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, you won't need a resistor pack. Correct on your second question. Remember, there are several different ways to achieve a good tune in EMU, so no way is necessarily the correct way. I may do it differently than you. That approach is the way most would do it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks for the reply mate, i haven't had a chance to change them yet but i thought about it some more, did some calculations and figured i should be able to individually trim the injectors just like the 440cc ones are at the moment. Will post results when in done. Thanks again

·
Registered
524 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152136747773540&l=453997d9ff

as you can see its worked a charm, this isnt the final tune but just trimming i/j map by map sensor voltage x rpm ive been able to get it pretty damn close. oddly enough it idles (14.7) on the same duty cyle the old 440ccs did but all the rest of the map had to be leaned out.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Just noted that you have on your drop down menu Jspec/Euro on the same line, where Euro should be the same as US Spec.

Euro Supra uses 550cc injectors, AFM, has steel turbos, essentially the same as US Spec, but our ECU's dont seem to suffer from the OBD1 lean spot.

JDM is map based with 440cc injectors etc..

Just a note :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts