Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to connect my greddy 4 row fmic core to my stock twins.

I know greddy 4 row fmic comes with the single turbo piping (hot side) dropping down and not Thru the fender.

The 3 row has the stock twins piping Thru the fender.

For the greddy 4 row people, what piping did you use to connect the 4 row to stock twins? Can the 3 row piping to stock twins work wit the 4 row? Comparing the cores, the 3 row looks to have a little bigger end tanks and the hot side looks like it has a little bend vs the 4 row both end tanks are rather straight out.

·
Super Moderator
10,663 Posts
Yep, the 3 row stock TT piping works great with a teeny bit of coupler wrestling since the 4 row's inlet position is shifted a teeny bit as you noticed. It's been awhile since I messed with that combo (eek, over 10 years actually) but it did take a longer silicone coupler from pipe to the IC. Easy enough to source these days, the 3 row piping will get you 95% there worst case scenario.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s awesome to hear! Thank you! Probably have to get a custom adaptive coupler for the core to the piping? The sizing on the core looks to be a good 3” and piping I’m not sure maybe 2.5”?

·
From the land down under
4,529 Posts
Going out on a limb here....sleeknsilver...Do you have a 3 row currently installed, and if so, will you be looking to sell it once you have your 4 row installed?

·
Super Moderator
10,663 Posts
That’s awesome to hear! Thank you! Probably have to get a custom adaptive coupler for the core to the piping? The sizing on the core looks to be a good 3” and piping I’m not sure maybe 2.5”?
Wasn't 'custom' so much as it was just a long-ish silicone 2.5-3in adapter that we trimmed to fit. Yes, it went between the IC itself and the IC piping.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome thx guys. I recently purchased a 3 row stick twins piping.. so hope that’ll work.. w an extra long silicon 2.5-3” adapter🤞 From eBay ???

I’m not selling any fmic sorry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts