Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the gt42 fit the greddy header? I thought I remembered reading a long time ago that it wouldnt fit(would hit the strut tower or something) either the HKS or the greddy
Anyone confirm if this is true and which header it will not fit?
Thanks in advance, asap please before I pull off my turbo and sell it tomm
thanks again!

·
Certified Loon
41 Posts
Yes and the hood will close but the intercooler tubing will not fit unless you cut V-band flange off the turbo. I would post a pic but I am having trouble with the link.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think you have to enlarge the bolt holes for the turbo to bolt up. I remember reading that the T4 flange on a Greddy header is slightly different than a "normal" T4 flange.

The turbo will fit though.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
For a genuine greddy it wont fit. You need a 1/2" - 3/4" spacer in there then it will. Some BL headers work and some dont.
For the T4 flange on the turbo you might have to dremel it out a bit, no biggie.

·
An out of line 2J
1,273 Posts
I have a T-78 header (Greddy) and my GTX42 fits fine (charge outlet needs to be modified slightly). Doesn't require a spacer and no hole enlarging. TRD bar will also clear with a good inch or so of space.

·
Registered
309 Posts
For a genuine greddy it wont fit. You need a 1/2" - 3/4" spacer in there then it will. Some BL headers work and some dont.
For the T4 flange on the turbo you might have to dremel it out a bit, no biggie.
Was this because of a clearance issue with one of the runners? I did hear someone had that issue.

·
Cultured Development
319 Posts
Im running a GT4202 with a T88 compressor housing and it fits fine on my Greddy manifold.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
T88 compressor housing was made to fit on that manifold. The number 1 runner usually causes problems. Seems like its hit or miss. I had a BWS475 here and no way would it clear without a spacer.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, old post. Ill throw in my info as well
I ran a BW 80mm and had to make a thick spacer(around an inch and a quarter IIRC)

·
Registered
309 Posts
T88 compressor housing was made to fit on that manifold. The number 1 runner usually causes problems. Seems like its hit or miss. I had a BWS475 here and no way would it clear without a spacer.
How does the 88 housing compare with the 42 housing? Whats the reasoning behind using the Mitsu housing over the Garrett?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts