Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MKIII turbo with 66K miles and kept it stock. Like to make mild performance upgrades. Was told to start by changing to a Greddy intercooler. Couldn't find one for a MKIII. What are my options, Greddy universal, another brand, keep looking, etc?

Thanks,

Roy C.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
What has been done to the car? If nothing, intercooler won't do much.

·
90T
733 Posts
start with the exhaust and downpipe upgrade and a boost controller. The next simplest is the lex afm/550 injector mod with a fuel controller of some sort Apexi SAFC or equivalent). Those are your biggest bangs for the buck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read Greddy intercoolers are for high power which I'm not looking for. What other brand name intercooler do you recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I read Greddy intercoolers are for high power which I'm not looking for. What other brand name intercooler do you recommend? Thanks.
Is the OEM one leaking? if it is working and it is not cracked. Leave it as is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are no issues with the OEM one. But like a little more power than stock. The owner of the shop who is going to respray the bumpers who is a Supra enthusiast recommended to change to a Greddy intercooler before the paintwork. The issue is I do not want to spent over $2000 for a mark III Supra Greddy intercooler and can handle to around 700 horsepower. I'm looking for mild increase. Should I go for an universal Greddy intercooler which is much less expensive.

·
90T
733 Posts
Well you don't seem to listen to what anyone says, but I'll just wrap up here and say that replacing your intercooler with no other changes won't make any difference. And you can swap the intercooler and piping without removing the bumper cover so not sure why you think this is a must do now.

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
Buy a Driftmotion intercooler kit if you want a decent upgrade that will save money. It will support 500-600hp which is more than enough what 99%+ of anyone will ever do with their cars/builds.

Also, GReddy made literally hundreds of different intercooler setups and their dedicated kits for any MK3 configuration have been discontinued for over 20 years. Not sure why you're hung up on GReddy.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Also, GReddy made literally hundreds of different intercooler setups and their dedicated kits for any MK3 configuration have been discontinued for over 20 years. Not sure why you're hung up on GReddy.
I am not sure why he is hung up on any "upgrade" on stock anything. lol.

Reactions: Wreckless

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
In light of this thread and many other recent ones like it, I made a new sticky going over the basics for 7M-GTE upgrades:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You're a gentleman and a scholar Jeff, thanks for posting that thread. Are Spearco intercoolers still a thing? I recall those being a nice upgrade on stockish 7m.

Also, any guesses on how long it takes before we're reading a "I broke my car" or partout thread? I mean, what could it hurt, just one more psi...

Reactions: figgie
1 - 12 of 12 Posts