Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what Oil filter are you using on this kit?
,i have yet to personaly change the filter from this set up and i think ill need to use a 1985-87 Toyota Corolla GTS Oil filter and not a stock oil filter from what im reading now .

thanks!

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
You do indeed use an AE86 filter

-Joe

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
So stock Toyota Oil Filter doesn't work? I just put a V8 Toyota Filter on mine, and it seems fit fine so far.

·
In The Sonoran Desert
447 Posts
I used the old V8 toy filter, the new one they replaced it with and the amsoil filter which is considered replacement for stock.

greatest mod ever for supra. Whoever designed the filter location should have a sword reamed thru him.

BTW, can anyone tell me what size the hoses are that come with the kit? I want to reseat mine and replace the hoses at the same time. It's been 5yrs

·
In The Sonoran Desert
447 Posts
add mobil 1 filter to the list as well. I hated those filters because they had nothing on them to grip them. I guess they redesigned them but still...

I used to have to beat a large screwdriver into them to twist them off sometimes.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
The stock filter doesn't work with the relocation kit? Interesting...

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Ranger498 said:
what Oil filter are you using on this kit?
,i have yet to personaly change the filter from this set up and i think ill need to use a 1985-87 Toyota Corolla GTS Oil filter and not a stock oil filter from what im reading now .

thanks!

I've got the relo kit still in the box and plan to get everything together and install when I go to drop the 2J in. I haven't been to the auto parts yet, but does anyone have the Fram or whatever filter number that I could cross-reference? Fram online did not list a GTS, so I figured you guys would know for sure. Thanx!

E

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Satan said:
I've got the relo kit still in the box and plan to get everything together and install when I go to drop the 2J in. I haven't been to the auto parts yet, but does anyone have the Fram or whatever filter number that I could cross-reference? Fram online did not list a GTS, so I figured you guys would know for sure. Thanx!

E
2951 is the cross reference #
for fram add the letters PH ,TG or XG to the front of the part #

example
xg =extended guard
XG2951

1 - 11 of 11 Posts