Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the greddy profec b spec II last summer. 2 months after the install it just quits working.. The head unit in the car works fine, but shows a 0 all the time. Its not reading the vacuum or the boost. has my settings recorded etc... Sounds like the selenoid died. Is this correct? And where can i get a new one? Or will they replace it?

just got my new turbo running and now i cant turn up the boost :(

·
Registered
439 Posts
The solenoid has nothing to do with the reading of Cero, the vacumm tube must be disconected simewhere, or behind the main unit or in the engine bay. unless i understood wrong

G

·
yes, def sounds like a vacuum leak/problem. Mine did this last fall, and it had came loose at the back of the head unit. Also, check where the line comes thru the firewall to see if it is chafed.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All vacuum lines are fine... there are only like two or three...

Worked fine for a while... then one day it just quit working. Every once in a while it will work. Head unit will read the vacuum. I can boost one time and then it dies(it boosts to where i have set... no spikes or anything ... feels great.. ) Then the head unit will read zero vacuum and boost goes back to stock.

I have taken all vacuum lines out of car... inspected and reinstalled.. im 100 percent its not the lines... im thinking the selenoid gets stuck or something... anyone know if this is warrantied?? or where i might be able to get a new selenoid?

Im thinking of just going mbc... spent 350 dollars on a junk boost controller...

G

·
how old is it? It should be warranted if one of the units is going out. Assuming you bought it from them or from a dealer, and not secondhand, just get in touch with Greddy and see what you need to do with it.....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got it from horsepowerfreaks like almost a year ago... only used it for like 2 months.. then car was sick for a while.. now its all better and needs more boost..

im actually just thinking of using an mbc for a while... dr jonez has a good one that is supposed to eliminate boost spikes... etc.. for like 50 bucks..

Im afraid that ill just have to buy a new selenoid for like 100-150 bucks... so .. i guess ill contact greddy and see what they can do... beh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts