Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Two things I'd like to ask to seasoned Supra owners. First is, is the GReddy pulley kit an underdrive pulley kit/set? SOmeone's selling it to me for a good price here. Second, what does the upper shock in the engine bay do? Below is the link for the TTC upper shock arm but it's the upper shock itself I'm curious about. Hope someone can help enlighten me. Thanks!

EDIT: here's the link to the upper shock arm. It's the shock itself and where it's attached to that I'm curious about hehehe

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/merchant/catalog/jdm/t/supramkiv/p/ttc/02.jpg

· Registered
360 Posts
greddy s just lke stock pulleys just look better. the arm is there to hold the shock that dampens the pulley belts.

· Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! much appreciated! I ordered the GReddy pulley kit form a friend coz I got a good deal on them, was just worried they might be underdrive ones.

· IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
2,097 Posts
The shock and arm puts tension on the belt.I ran my car without the shock and arm and my belt came off and shreaded it to pieces,so now that thing is on for good.

· Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RE shock arm, yeah. I sent CUrt an email asking about it. Needless to say his next email included a quote on the necessary parts for it. Will be getting them soon. Was wondering though why only 6-speeds have them? Is t because the automatics all shift smoothly enough to not jar the belts loose?

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Anyone here have a hook up on Greddy Pulleys for MKIV?

· Registered
790 Posts
Was wondering though why only 6-speeds have them? Is t because the automatics all shift smoothly enough to not jar the belts loose?
You pretty much have it there. The shock through the drive train when shifting gears can be enough to cause the belt to jump off the pulleys, hence why the damping was added to the tensioner.

· Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was thinking of getting some stuff from Drfitmotion but the review on their products and after sales service have been mixed and confusing. Some say good, some say not so good. But the guys who are using Driftmotion stuff and have had no problems with fitment (usually with the GReddy-style I/M) are pretty happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.