Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i just got the GReddy oil filter remote & oil cooler combo. i just relocated the oil filter, but where the instructions say to put the oil cooler won't fit because of my HKS front mount. and it's pretty thick so it won't slide in between the FMIC or condenser. anybody have this set-up and were still able to use the oil cooler?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Try using the side opening, either where stock SMIC used to sit, or on the other side. This will give you more airflow anyway. It's a tight fit behind the FMIC, I could barely fit a skinny PS cooler, let alone a full 10+ row oil cooler.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, i've been tryin this all morning now. i made custom brackets, positioned the cooler all sorts of ways but it just won't fit. dammit! :mad: it keeps coming in contact with the IC piping. what size power steering cooler did you install? i just might buy another smaller cooler.

·
Registered
514 Posts
TRD wide-body [email protected] said:
okay, i've been tryin this all morning now. i made custom brackets, positioned the cooler all sorts of ways but it just won't fit. dammit! :mad: it keeps coming in contact with the IC piping. what size power steering cooler did you install? i just might buy another smaller cooler.
Is it the 16 row cooler? If so, the only way I could see to make it fit would be to tilt it (I haven't actually tried it) A 10 row just barely fits with the IC pipes if you mount upright.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, it's the 16 row. it's a lot bigger than i thought it would be. i tried tilting it and making custom brackets, but it was'nt very sturdy. not only that, it was contacting the bumper cover. i think i'm gonna buy another cooler that's smaller so i can fit it in front of the condenser. i did'nt like the cooler being in the side. anybody run any type of cooler in front of the condenser? what are the dimensions of that cooler? thanks.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help. i took your advice and relocated the power steering lines. everything fits tightly. but at least i have my "baby" back. does any manufacturer make a application for a power steering cooler. or is universal my only option?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just use an auto tranny cooler for the power steering. It is actually a lot more effective than the factory hoop cooler or the smaller one Greddy includes with their FMIC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts