Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the remote switch on the web and thought that it was a pretty simple item, but it costs like $100 bones.

Well, the skinny of it is that the plug I used to test this was a 1/8 Stereo plug.

I had a male/male 1/8" stereo plug. I plugged one end into the Profec, and on the open end I shorted the two outer terminals. With the boost controller on, it switched the boost modes everytime the terminal was shorted.

===I==I==
^---------^
|
|
I connected these two terminals. and then opened the circuit after it switched.

So basically you'd need to get a 1/8" audio cord - I haven't tested a Mono cord yet. and attach one of those switches to it that doesn't stay closed. Like a doorbell swith. Of course we'll install something more sleek in our cars and maybe one that changes colors, etc, but you get the point. Install it on your dash or somewhere you can get your hands to it as fast as you require. It'll be wired so I don't think you'd wanna hook it to your steering wheel.

I haven't tried boosting or anything with it, but I know for a fact that It'll change the boost modes hi/lo/hi

I don't know the terms for these thigns so you other guru's chime in.

·
11,221 Posts
Yea I noticed this too a while back when I plugged my headphones into it.

I have my bc indented into the dash left of the steering wheel so it's pretty much within reach.

Good observation though.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Sorry for kicking this thread up, but i noticed the greddy's full auto timer has the same optional switch. Could i use a monoplug with it too ? And what the heck does it do for the turbo timer anyway ??

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
It's a turbo timer.. not a boostcontroller. Haven't installed it yet, but what should it switch ?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
What options are there to preset ?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Ah so it's the countdownspresets... i thought it might be to switch the options on the TT (stopwatch, speed, cooldown etc.)

Thanks for helping out though

damn i feel like a morron

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
I did this years ago. I used my horn buttons on my Sparco wheel in my Type R to have one be the 2 step and one to be the hi/lo boost switch for my Profec.
Worked good.
Cost like $5 so I couldnt complain. lol
Screwq Greddy and their goofy ass $100 switch

·
Registered
213 Posts
The goofy ass $100 switch, which I have, but didn't really pay for (it was thrown in with my BC) is wireless, that's what you're paying for. Not the simplicity of the system, that's just what makes it work. Though I agree, it is ugly, and I won't use it.

Now, the wireless system must require some voltage to run the transmitter, so I'm guessing that's what the additional connection of the stereo headphones is for.

I like the idea of a momentary switch on the dash though. And you could get a pretty sweet one that's illuminated to boot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts