Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GReddy Speed limiter controller.

It removes the 180km/h (~110mph) limiter on jap-spec Supras.

I'm interested if this would work on US-spec or Euro-spec Supras too. As for I'm auto and would like to remove the stock 160mph limiter without pulling the trac fuse because its bad for the tranny.

If this wont work, any ideas how to remove the limiter? (like I'd do over 160mph very often :rolleyes: :D)

Krister

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
655 Posts
From what I remember, if you remove the traction control fuse, you also disable the speed limiter. You may want to confirm this however, because I read this somewhere a long time ago...Darshana S...

S

·
0 Posts
I would recommend doing the HKS TB mod. It removes the trac control butterfly allowing for a bit better flow (less turbulence, bit more air) and only costs $100.

·
doin alright, thanks ;-)
311 Posts
I drive a 99 3000GT VR-4 and I wanted to do the same thing. However, there is no fuse for me to pull. I special ordered the HKS SCC from Japan for the J-spec 3000GT through Altered Atmosphere. They tested and translated the instructions for me. I installed it in my car with no problems.

Altered Atmosphere, FYI, is a company in Maryland (US), who specializes in tuning Supras/3000GTs, etc. They would probably be able to help you out.

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump!!

How do I get rid of the limiter without pulling the fuse??

Anyone, plllzzz??

Krister

·
Registered
659 Posts
i confirm that... That greddy thing works on european cars (TRAC is still like nothing was touched but the 250kmh speed limiter goes away :cool: )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts