Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I really like the look and sound of the Greddy SP catback. But mine is getting rusted on the 2 pipes between the resonators and the muffler. Can this be patched? Any product I can use from Autozones or take it to the shop to cut out and replace those sections of the pipe. If repair cannot be done, what other catback systems can come close to stock and does rust easily.

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
If it is not rusted through, I would sand the area then spay it with high temperature paint.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
If your looking for another pristine GReddy SP with next to no miles, has no holes, scraped or rust. LMK ;) $750

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
You can wire wheel the area and weld in a patch. Just make sure to re coat it with high temp paint. That being said it looks like that may have rusted out from the inside. If that's the case a patch might not last long. You will need to resolve your condensation issue somehow. Perhaps changing the angle of the pipe.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought an exhaust repair putty from Autozone and patched the hole last night. I let it dried for 12+ hours before I took it for a spin. The patch seems to be working fine. But that will be for temporary.

Carman336 - you are right. I put a flashlight through the tail pipe and I see it rusted from the inside. Will getting a titanium system prevent it from getting rust?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts