Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing is robbing me of so much power I know it. I have a downpipe to go along and the exhaust is quieter than stock, doesn't spool the turbos fast enough, and it's got TWO cannisters! Does anyone have any Dyno numbers with this garbage exhaust system with stock twins? Would getting rid of the cannisters help?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
No dyno runs, but on straight BPU with the SP
I ran 11.7's with traps as high as 120.7 mph. After
an adj cam gear I ran 11.6's with traps as high as
122.9 mph. If you are down on power, I would look
for other causes. That said, I think the SP would be
a restriction at higher output levels running a larger
turbo.
Wayne

·
YOU THINK YOU KNOW...BUT
195 Posts
I cut off the Y section and its alot deeper (not loud) sounds good. I hope it helped. The muffler chop charged me $75 to do it. ....Griff

·
Registered
388 Posts
408 rwhp with my car BPUd. Stock cams ect. Now I'm doing 629 rwhp with the Greddy sp. But I have to agree. I think some other systems would be better. I'm going to HKS titanium.

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
420 whp and 425 lb-ft at 1.3 bar at about 3:00 am Thanksgiving morning in 1995 before, I think, the term bpu was even coined ( I think I had two or maybe three +s; it was a long time ago). I don't think the exhaust is your problem at this point.

Ken.

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Analyze this: I had the Greddy SP and dynoed VERY low at BPU back in '96. In 2000, I had a muffler shop run straight mandrel bent pipe from the DP to the SP Muffler and the exhaust sounded a bit more throaty but didn't make much of a difference performancewise. Back in June of this year I trashed the Greddy SP in favor of the HKS Ti and picked up 250 rpm better spool over the modded SP exhaust! That would have been even more gains over the stock SP exhaust. My reccomendation: Sell that shit! It is definitely restictive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts