Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if there's any GREDDY SP exhausts out there?

What do you guys think? How quiet are they? Good Quality? I'm trying to look for one but would love to hear your opinion.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I had this exhaust back in the day. Very quiet. Almost like stock. Sounded amazing when the boost came on though. Makotoautotrends.com has it listed for sale but this exhaust has been long discontinued. Keep checking the for sale section. They pop up occasionally.

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had this exhaust back in the day. Very quiet. Almost like stock. Sounded amazing when the boost came on though. Makotoautotrends.com has it listed for sale but this exhaust has been long discontinued. Keep checking the for sale section. They pop up occasionally.
What price do you think they going for used?

·
Super Moderator
10,497 Posts
Check with Nick Stonawski. He had one for sale a while back for $600.

Ken.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I also had this exhaust when I bought the car in 2001. Very quite ... too quite for my taste and was restrictive during highway pulls. I noticed a significant difference in acceleration when replaced.

·
Banned
451 Posts

·
JetFire
5,383 Posts
Always liked the way the muffler on this exhaust looks with the rear bumper. But yes definitely a quiet and somewhat restrictive system.

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I also had this exhaust when I bought the car in 2001. Very quite ... too quite for my taste and was restrictive during highway pulls. I noticed a significant difference in acceleration when replaced.
Just need a quiet exhaust for epa. Don't mind a drop in performance. Worst case I'll just get an NA exhaust. There really cheap.

Already PM'd him.

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still looking for one. Nick's is no longer for sale....

Anyone else selling a used one???

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone actually stilll have a Greddy SP exhaust in there car these days ?

Been told there heavy, they crack, and are too quiet....

·
Registered
678 Posts
Another option is the Tanabe Touring Medallion; I currently have this on my car and am completely satisfied. I actually like the Tanabe much better - fitment is much better, lighter and flows considerably better, IMO. I had the Greddy SP exhaust on a previous MKIV and in comparison the Tanabe is just as quiet, IMO. If I had to put a number to it, both are no more than 10% louder than stock?

Further, the Tanabe does impede flow that much. My setup consist of 6766/PHR street kit which trapped 134 MPH consistently. After putting a 3" boost activated cutout, my trap speeds increased to 136 MPH - track temps were 85* and boost 30psi in all runs.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I still have mine on. Looks very stock and nice quiet sound. But it is rusted from the inside out. I am in the process of replacing it with the Blitz Nur Spec RX

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another option is the Tanabe Touring Medallion; I currently have this on my car and am completely satisfied. I actually like the Tanabe much better - fitment is much better, lighter and flows considerably better, IMO. I had the Greddy SP exhaust on a previous MKIV and in comparison the Tanabe is just as quiet, IMO. If I had to put a number to it, both are no more than 10% louder than stock?

Further, the Tanabe does impede flow that much. My setup consist of 6766/PHR street kit which trapped 134 MPH consistently. After putting a 3" boost activated cutout, my trap speeds increased to 136 MPH - track temps were 85* and boost 30psi in all runs.
What are these exhaust selling for used these days?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I liked my SP years ago, and don't agree that it is very restrictive. IIRC, the combined area of the smaller parallel pipes is same as 3.5+". I once saw a shop dyno a 700hp car, and the difference between SP on vs open side pipe was less than 10 whp

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I liked my SP years ago, and don't agree that it is very restrictive. IIRC, the combined area of the smaller parallel pipes is same as 3.5+". I once saw a shop dyno a 700hp car, and the difference between SP on vs open side pipe was less than 10 whp
SP vs 3.5 straight through exhaust had 10 hp difference.... That's excellent.

·
Registered
678 Posts
What are these exhaust selling for used these days?
I see one listed in Facebook's "supra classifieds" for $400. Being that you're Australia, I can't even imagine the cost to ship it, though.

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Container shipping is pretty cheap, there company's out there looking to fill up a container there already shipping. Just have to wait for them to have another order and they through it in with there shipment.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts