Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello supra owners, I own a 94TT auto for over 3 years now. It a great car. The car is stock, the only mod i have is a Greddy turbo timer and a K&N air filter. The car is now 99k mile I commute to work, sad huh? Anyway, I have a few questions: I want to get a Greddy SP exaust, but afraid that it will sound like one of those Civic. How does it actually sound like?? I also looked at the HKS Super Dragger are there any differences. I actually dont like to see such a BIG canister under the car. Will I be noticed the increase in power? Oh, and how easy it is to get it to installed. I like to do the installation myself to save some money. Please advise.
Thanks
silver94tt :)

S

·
0 Posts
hey

if u want quiet and want something good sounding still and wont crack get the PE exaust from greddy not the SP the SP splits in two like the stock exaust and has been known to crack i og t the PE on my supra and love it

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your reply. I am still unsure of what is meant of a 1-2-1. How are the PE and SP differ in sounds? I am more interest in the deep quite sound. Which one do you prefer? Where is a good place to buy online? Please excuse me if I keep asking these question again and again. I just want to wise decision. :(

toysupra1 ---- is that a picture of a SP exhaust that you put on?

Thanks again all.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Suprascene.com said:
Well I know that I thought he meant splits like it cracks or something.. I thought we were all on the same page here. :D
doh! well, i've heard of some greddy sp owners who have the resonators form rust and holes in them but mine is still holding up. its been on the car since ~96 i think.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
silver94tt said:
Thanks for all your reply. I am still unsure of what is meant of a 1-2-1. How are the PE and SP differ in sounds? I am more interest in the deep quite sound. Which one do you prefer? Where is a good place to buy online? Please excuse me if I keep asking these question again and again. I just want to wise decision. :(

toysupra1 ---- is that a picture of a SP exhaust that you put on?

Thanks again all.
yep, i have a greddy sp on my mkiv na. the 1-2-1 design on the greddy sp is very similar to the stock exhaust setup but with bigger piping. right after the second cat, the piping splits like the stock exhaust system and then comes back into one before the tailpipe meets.

if you want a deep sound thats not excessively loud, the greddy sp is a good choice. most people say its quiet, even close to stock. i say it gives a nice deep tone when cruising and sounds just right at wide open throttle.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks toysupra1 !!!
I placed an order for the Greddy SP from www.suprastore.com
It cost $712. plus shipping. Can't wait for it to arrive. I will do the installation myself and will take a few good pictures of the installation process. Check back later.
Many thanks to all. :)

·
Grocery Getter
439 Posts
I have the Pe and it is very low rumble, almost like it's refined. Then when you open it up it keeps the low tone but has an incredible echo to it. Sounds so good going through tunnels

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
have anyone been pulled over by cops just because the tip size of these exhaust is huge? I live in norther Califfornia.

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
The Greddy SP exhaust is what i got to.. i wouldn't want another exhaust..not literally. But at idle i cant even tell the car is on, and while cruising it has a nice deep quiet sound. But nice boost hits, its a whole different sound, it starts to raor. you'll love it. You will not have that Civic sound at all!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I like my TRD exhaust ( 2nd gen ) :D
It's very quiet, like stock before the 2nd turbo kicks in. But, when the secondary kicks in, your car will roar!

Sorry, I have no comparison against a Greddy PE nor SP.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's been close to a month now since I placed an order for the SP with suprastore.com and still waiting for delivery. I expect to recieved it today. Can't wait to put it on...:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts