Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go with greddy t-78 :) thats all I could afford hehe
I have ? I have hks ssbov universal , I was wondering if I can use hks ssbov instead greddy type r?
I am looking around 480rwhp :) so do I need greddy type r
thanx

ken
soon to be greddy t-78 owner :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have been told that the HKS SS BOV is good for about 500 rwhp. I had 1 on my car at BPU levels, but while installing my T78 kit last month I add a second HKS SS BOV to the car. After all of the work and $$$ that I've put into the car this winter it had better make more than 480 hp!!!!

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Re: dog

2Jayzee said:
with a t-78 your gonna be at like 650-700 easy whats this shit about 480 you need to get your info right and be ready to go greddy up your fuel I dont have mine yet but with my bpu and nos I nyno over 500 hp
are you as ignorant as you sound?

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
650 - 700 rwhp is never easy. It's hard earned. He's probably dead on about making 480 at the wheels if he has stock fuel at 1.1 bar. And it also depends on the condition of his motor. Some folks such as myself put their car together in steps, but you're right in the aspect of fuel should be high on the list of things to do. I think that suspension upgrades should come somewhere in between because the power will never get to the ground without it. Just my opinion.

Eric

·
AutoBanh Motorsports
398 Posts
I second that!
Try to put 700whp w/ cam is hard already, try it w/out cam????????
Angle from Tianmotorsports is a very good tuner and a very knowledgable guy about Supra had put down 686whp w/cam, that is very impressive.
Anyone make more that 700 whp w/ T-78 turbo only??????????

Tommy
T-78

·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone have instruction to install t-78 kit?
pictures

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did you contact the vendor that sold the kit to you? The Greddy manual is about 22 pages long. Dusty had Greddy fax it to him when I picked up my kit. The first 10 pages of info on removing the twins is copied right out of the Toyota service manual, pictures and text. I can't scan the remainder at this time. If you don't have it by later tonight I will try to scan it then.

·
Registered
87 Posts
cowboy bebop said:
650 - 700 rwhp is never easy. It's hard earned. He's probably dead on about making 480 at the wheels if he has stock fuel at 1.1 bar. And it also depends on the condition of his motor. Some folks such as myself put their car together in steps, but you're right in the aspect of fuel should be high on the list of things to do. I think that suspension upgrades should come somewhere in between because the power will never get to the ground without it. Just my opinion.

Eric
I dynoed my T78 at 1.1 bar just for shits and giggles. It made 499.9 rwhp with an upgrade fuel system.

At that amount of boost, I don't think the upgraded fuel system makes a difference. So I agree with you, 480-500rwhp on stock fuel system is right in the range.

Oh yeah, I have the HKS SSQV on my car. I'm thinking of swapping it out for the HKS Racing BOV (because it uses the same flange).

·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lonestar Dawg said:
Did you contact the vendor that sold the kit to you? The Greddy manual is about 22 pages long. Dusty had Greddy fax it to him when I picked up my kit. The first 10 pages of info on removing the twins is copied right out of the Toyota service manual, pictures and text. I can't scan the remainder at this time. If you don't have it by later tonight I will try to scan it then.
so ,it comes with instruction right
I didnt receive my kit they will be here by next week i hope hehe :)

ken
new t78 owner :D
maybe few month later fuel upgraded :) I hope hehe

·
Registered
197 Posts
No, the kit did not come with the instructions. At least not in my case. I picked up my kit in person at MVP Motorsports. I opened it up while I was still there to check it out and realized there was no paperwork. When I mentioned it to Dusty he picked up the phone and called his Greddy rep and the guy faxed it to us while I was still there. When Dusty speaks, others........
:fruit: (get hopping!)

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
The flow of the HKS SS is limited because of the pull design. When it opens, the valve comes back against the boost that is coming out. This is great for preventing leaks, but hurts flow. Quite a few guys are using an HKS SS, but personally I'd like to see 2 of them installed.

The nice think about HKS SS as mentioned, is that the racing HKS will bolt in the same spot when you are ready.

·
Registered
90 Posts
never bothered to read posts here

But any way do me a favor speak to me with respect, as we dont know each other to get along that way. I hang out with a good friend laying down ten's all day long with a t-78 kit, hks fuel rail, dual in tank pumps, 720 cc's and vpc.he is laying down over 650 at the wheels, with no nos and, over that with it so for the one who claims im ignorant, I did mention for him to greddy(ready, mod, add to ,) his fuel system so again show some respect we dont know each other.. and 152,000 miles please do your self a favor i can get you a a bran new in a box from japan 2jz gte for a grand you pay shipping no reman's all toyota sealed and assembled dont ask how i just can, if you need it pm me. 68,000 miles on mine and i already put a block pistons rods crank in all brandnew since i got it used i wanted us to start fresh with my engine not anyone elses it has to be the best feeling to give your baby a new heart...-Eric

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Engine reinforcements coming later this year along with another goody.

Eric

157000 miles on the odo now. Still liquifies the rears.

D

·
0 Posts
Re: NIce to meet you

2Jayzee said:
hey bud whatever you need i can help you get it i have a friend in the buisness and you will pay up to 50% under cost lets just say every time i need something my car mysteriously has a bumper to bumper warranty i would love to help the rest of you...
Can you really get this deal? Can you do this anytime? Long block or short block?

Chris

·
Registered
90 Posts
so far

Ive been able to get a hold of the short block, "bottom end" with ease and some transmissions. I can see as far as any time goes yes, but I have to have your stock block here first for the core exchange, it sounds a bit weird but I do need it for toyota and if you feel uneasy or feel i maight reman it feel free to hit it with a sledge hammer and crack it beyound repair . I must first have your stock block because it has to be done in like under an hour from the time of the new blocks arrival or my risks are greater as well as my people...

·
Registered
849 Posts
C5KILLR said:

so ,it comes with instruction right
I didnt receive my kit they will be here by next week i hope hehe :)

ken
new t78 owner :D
maybe few month later fuel upgraded :) I hope hehe
My T-78 kit came with instructions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts