Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys with the t78 kit like it? I will be on stock fuel for a couple months. I did have a 60 - 1 coming but my supplier messed up so im getting a t78 kit real cheap. Cant wait to see it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
house_of_senate said:
Do you guys with the t78 kit like it? I will be on stock fuel for a couple months. I did have a 60 - 1 coming but my supplier messed up so im getting a t78 kit real cheap. Cant wait to see it.
do a search bud. theres plenty of discussions about this.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ctwins said:
do a search bud. theres plenty of discussions about this.
I have searched about this kit for weeks...bud. I am just wanting some friendly talk about this kit. Dont waste your time in this thread.

·
Registered
980 Posts
You'll like it...no doubt. The kit fits great, and is a good quality kit. Even though I could easily afford to replace my T78 with one of the "new generation" turbos, I wouldn't think about it as I like the T78 very much. It has plenty of power for me.

I believe the T78 kit comes with an option for a smaller exhaust housing now. Something like .84. See if you can get that one. That's the only thing I'd change about it. But the larger housing will give you a bit more power up top.

I've noticed some of the same sized new gen turbos having a power curve that drops off in the high rpms. The T78 withe the huge exhaust housing doesn't drop off at the higher rpms on my dyno graph.

·
Supra Enthusiast
259 Posts
I love my T78, spools at 4k, has more than enough power for the street. It is an older turbo, but it is PROVEN, especially on Supra's. I'm not looking to break any dyno records or 1/4 mile times.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone have it with stock fuel? i think im just gonna leave my boost controller unhooked and pull the factory boost on the wastgate.

·
Super Moderator
10,741 Posts
house_of_senate said:
anyone have it with stock fuel? i think im just gonna leave my boost controller unhooked and pull the factory boost on the wastgate.
I wouldn't advise this. Get a proper fuel system for that turbo, or don't install it until you do.

StokerSix is correct. BLK MGK showed in his spool characteristics stickie that the smaller A/R T-78, which he had, outspooled the SP71GT? he later purchased.

Ken.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
I love mine since it was installed 1 year ago. I hardly ever drive the car but when I do I love it. I am on stock fuel somewhat... I have a VPC GCC combo but everything else is stock except for a few internals which were done way before the turbo was installed... Have fun.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
I'm running the T78 with stock fuel but I limit the boost to 1bar which is great but kinda sucks because thats when the turbo starts to get into its HAPPY zone.

·
Registered
593 Posts
house_of_senate said:
I have searched about this kit for weeks...bud. I am just wanting some friendly talk about this kit. Dont waste your time in this thread.
it was friendly advice, ive done a search before and had ALL my questions answered and everything i needed to know. thats all. Thats also why old threads are bump up.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Mine is at 1.2kg/cm2 which is around 17psi. I think you can get different springs from Greddy though.

Yeah, you could apply "do a search bud" to about any of the posts in a given day. We're starting to run out of things to talk about LOL and bringing up old topics can bring about new opinions and facts.

·
Eye Kandy For Enthusiasts
1,091 Posts
KenHenderson said:
I wouldn't advise this. Get a proper fuel system for that turbo, or don't install it until you do.

StokerSix is correct. BLK MGK showed in his spool characteristics stickie that the smaller A/R T-78, which he had, outspooled the SP71GT? he later purchased.

Ken.

Thats right, take some advice from a veteran, aint that right Ken. :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

The owner of RREV Motorsports (Tim Robards) is running this kit on his car, and his is a 9 second car, so it does get up and goes, but i really think you need to head towards AEM.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i just got the kit in today. I am VERY happy with it so far. I am not sure on the actual size of the housing though. I will let you know how it turns out tonight. Im gonna go install right now.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Congrats on the purchasing...let us know how it goes...post some pics too :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Make ABSOLUTELY certain that if you're using an EBC that you have it set to external wastegate. If you're using it on the stock twinds it is set to internal. You'll overboost if you don't set it to external.

Good luck on the install and enjoy that turbo!

·
T-Power
1,625 Posts
I loved my T78.. put down 680rwhp @ 28psi with just the kit... I ran it about 3 months on stock fuel with AFC richen up a little and it was fine.

John

·
Registered
155 Posts
blkdawg said:
I loved my T78.. put down 680rwhp @ 28psi with just the kit... I ran it about 3 months on stock fuel with AFC richen up a little and it was fine.

John
You actually serious about what u said. "making 680rwhp on stock fuel"
I have a T78 as well. I find that is hard to believe...I don't know who you kidding.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts