Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question... What is the different between the OEM and Greddy Timing Belt? Did i just pay more money just for a blue belt. :ugh2:

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
yea i'd be interested in this too... what's the benefits?

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Taken from driftmotion.com (If theres a problem I'll delete)

Engineered to increase heat-resistance, flexibility and durability, GReddy Extreme Timing Belts reduce the chances of cracking from heat, inconsistent timing from stretching and skipping or snapping. Improvements in materials and construction lead to a more reliable belt that will be more consistent and last longer.

Taken from driftmotion.com (If theres a problem I'll delete)

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
i would say it's a fancy blue belt.. but thats just me..

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
it's made out of kevlar like harley davidson drive belts, not nylon reinfoced rubber like the stocker

Not like you have to really worry about the stocker unless you're running some serious cams and valavesprings I would think...

·
Super Moderator
10,881 Posts
Poodles said:
it's made out of kevlar like harley davidson drive belts, not nylon reinfoced rubber like the stocker

Not like you have to really worry about the stocker unless you're running some serious cams and valavesprings I would think...
Or revving the bejesus out of the motor. For $60 more than an OEM timing belt I think that's very cheap peace of mind.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
basicly i paid for a blue timing belt. thats great. haha

i guess i matches my block. :dunno:

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
driftedmk3 said:
basicly i paid for a blue timing belt. thats great. haha

i guess i matches my block. :dunno:

well that AND

it also says greddy on it ;) That has to be worth something ;) :1poke:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
figgie said:
well that AND

it also says greddy on it ;) That has to be worth something ;) :1poke:
yea, at least a 4-5hp gain. Combine that with the JDM-TYTE oil cap, the CF type-R gas cap, and the CF JDM-drift speedometer cable oil, you're looking at at least 3-4 seconds on your 1/4 mile. . .

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yah, and dont forget the vtec sticker. :)

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Its more than just a fancy blue belt.. Hold one up to a stock belt and you will see.. Trust me I have installed many of these. Worth the extra money on highly modified cars.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
MattOneDime said:
Its more than just a fancy blue belt.. Hold one up to a stock belt and you will see.. Trust me I have installed many of these. Worth the extra money on highly modified cars.
Truth, you guys can bash this as a worthless "upgrade" all you want but if you actually want one of the strongest belts for our car then here you go.

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
MattOneDime said:
werd

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Has anyone ever snapped a stock timing belt from having too much hp? I'd put it in the same category as their catch can...i would make one from a campbells soup can before i spent 200 on somehing like that...

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
shadowwolfsupra said:
actually vtec stickers on a supra is a loss of horsepower and a recipe for disaster, lol.

no way!! tell that to LuvMySilverSupra :rofl:

selz202 said:
Truth, you guys can bash this as a worthless "upgrade" all you want but if you actually want one of the strongest belts for our car then here you go.
yah it does feel alot stronger but i doubt i will ever snap a timing belt.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
i saw a greddy timing belt SPLIT at TX2K6..... :rolleyes:

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
Boostedmkiii said:
i saw a greddy timing belt SPLIT at TX2K6..... :rolleyes:
lol, want me to pm him? i forgot what it was but it skipped and hit the belt, and put a small tear, not really the belt's fault for that one

<l><l>

1 - 20 of 23 Posts