Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one on the back (there isn't a hose barb in it, just a hole with threads), whats it for? Do people have more luck with it connected, left open or plugged? Also, what thread is it? Its not 1/8" NPT like most of the boost lines.

Thanks,
Grant

·
Registered
40 Posts
You use it when you buy a Greddy Type-R with a stiff spring, With these blow-offs using vacuum won't be sufficient to open it, so you have to plumb a boost line coming from the intercooler piping to the connection that you are reffering to. The hole should be a 1/8 NPT. If a fitting doesn't fit, try tapping it out a little more.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Zero4SPL said:
With these blow-offs using vacuum won't be sufficient to open it, so you have to plumb a boost line coming from the intercooler piping to the connection that you are reffering to.
I'm confused. :confused: The BOV is already sitting on intercooler piping. Is the secondary line just to give the stiff spring some extra "oomph"?

·
T-64 powered
166 Posts
When I had both hoses connected the type-R was a lot more responsive. Problem is it would also leak around 15psi, insteat of leaking around 20psi with only one hose connected. I'm not sure if I had the stiffest spring though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts