Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had to seperate my upper intake plenum from my lower stock runners. In doing so I kinda jacked up my gasket on the adapter plate.

Does anyoneknow where to get one? I have searched Greddys site and there seems to be no consumable gaskets or a part# for this piece.

Im sure I can make one but I would really like to have one from them if i could.

Any help is great

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
i assume its the same as the factory gasket that goes between the lower and upper if so order one from curt @ elmhurt toyota he is the man!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i assume its the same as the factory gasket that goes between the lower and upper if so order one from curt @ elmhurt toyota he is the man!

the adapter plate for the plenum bolts to the stock runners, it uses an oem below the adapter plate and then a greddy supplied gaslet above the adapter plate to seal the plenum to the plate.

and for what its worth, it really wasnt a very good casting alignment, we happened to look up thru the stock runners to the plenum and saw atleast and 1/8th of an inch overhang on almost every runner. Hence the reason why I had to break the seal to pul it apart and port it evenly.

Sad part is i have been running my car like this for probably 8 months now and had numerous 10 second passes, kinda weird

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you could always do the make your own gasket stuff.....if all else fails

thats kinda what im thinking about doin, it literally took me 30 minutes to free the plenum from the adapter as i useda ton of honda-bond on it FTW!

usually people have tons of leak issues from the adapter plate/plenum setup but surprisingly I had none?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts