Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me answer 2 questions that i have regarding the install of a Greddy Type R wastegate that comes standard in a T-78 kit:

1. In this link/picture below, from one of John Minerts RSP T78 supra install, the dump pipe is on the bottom of the wastegate, if im not mistaken isnt it mounted on the wrong side? Isnt suppose to be mounted at the side of the WG? :dunno: look here:

http://www.utahracing.com/supras/john/blueauto/John t78/HTML/dcp_1278.htm

2. My wastegate came with a metal gasket piece that suppose to be for the bottom i think, but im not sure cuz its pretty thick with an elevated side of the circle, and im confused, is this the actual gasket or just an adapter piece that i use with a gasket and which side does the elevated circle face? the WG side or the manifold WG flange side?? :dunno: pls help.
thanks.

Chris.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I can definitely answer your first...

You are correct, the dump tube bolts to the side, and where it's bolted in the pic is the end that bolts to the manifold.

Not sure on your second ? could you post a pic of what you're seeing?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chucky Doll said:
2) Just slide that thick metal gasket on it along w/ the regular gasket. I know it’s weird but that’s how Greddy designed it.
Okay thanks, but which way does the elevated side of the circle of the thick metal gasket face? facing the WG or the manifold?

Also is the thick metal gasket mounted on the WG side or the manifold side? ...i assume that the regular gasket sits between the thick metal gasket and the bottom of the manifold WG flange correct? (sorry if this sounds confusing)

and THANKS!~ guys. :bigthumb:

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Ctwins said:
Okay thanks, but which way does the elevated side of the circle of the thick metal gasket face? facing the WG or the manifold?

QUOTE]

Mine was facing inwards, but honestly I'm not sure if it will make a difference either way. Just make sure you tighten the hell out of those studs and use blue lock tight. It's a great waste gate :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chucky Doll said:
Ctwins said:

QUOTE]

Mine was facing inwards, but honestly I'm not sure if it will make a difference either way. Just make sure you tighten the hell out of those studs and use blue lock tight. It's a great waste gate :)
sorry just to clarify, "inwards" meaning towards/facing the wastegate bottom correct? thanks again for your help. much appreciated. :bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts