Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone knows what CFM flow the greddy 3 row and 4 row front mounts are rated at, as well as the precentage of pressure drop of the two. the greddy website and every online vendor i have seen do not advertise this information. im sure it is of interest to a few people. if anyone has this info on other brands of air to air front mounts that aren't publicly advertised (i.e. HKS) post them up too:)

·
Under Construction
763 Posts
Here is some info I put together

HKS Type S

600mm x 300mm x65mm 65mm = 2.5"
surface area = 278in2
volume = 695in3

HKS Type R 100mm = 3.9"
24" x 12" x 3.9"
surface area = 288in2
volume = 1,123in3

GR 3 row
600mm x 300mm x 100mm 100mm = 3.9"
surface area = 278in2
volume = 1084in3

GR 4 row
600mm x 300mm x 132mm 132mm = 5.19"
surface area = 278in2
volume = 1442in3

These numbers (intercooler sizes) were taken from the websites of the respective maker. They may or may not be the correct numbers. Please correct me if I have an error.

we these numbers you can begin some of your calcs.

I also have numbers for blitz, apexi, adfx, and stock in you want.

·
Registered
304 Posts
BXR SUPRA said:

I also have numbers for blitz, apexi, adfx, and stock in you want.
Hiya,

Could you please post the rest, for the Blitz do you have the LM V-Spec details?

Regards

Wez
:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thnks for posting, but those numbers are just general dimensions of the whole core. what im trying to figure out wont be able to be determined from these. the density of the internal turbulators and their area are going to affect the cfm and pressure drop. the style of intercooler should affect this as well. i know the greddy's are extruded core, but i am not sure about the other poplular kits. i've emailed greddy, bt no response. ive alos called and was told that i needed to speak to a tech, and there wasn't one in at the time:( i'll try and get ahold of the other manufacturers and get some data as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i called greddy usa yesterday and talked with one of their reps about the 3 row and 4 row front mounts. when i asked him about the cfm and pressure drop ratings he was quick to reply that they do test for these on all their intercoolers, but it is in no way given out as public information. i then requested to talk to one of the techs, and he told me i would recieve the same reply from them as well:mad: i guess one can only assume that they dont publish this information becuase the have low cfm ratings and/or lots of pressure drop. im guessing that i will have similar results if i try with the other popular front mount manufacturers

·
Under Construction
763 Posts
"thnks for posting, but those numbers are just general dimensions of the whole core. what im trying to figure out wont be able to be determined from these. the density of the internal turbulators and their area are going to affect the cfm and pressure drop. the style of intercooler should affect this as well. i know the greddy's are extruded core, but i am not sure about the other poplular kits. i've emailed greddy, bt no response. ive alos called and was told that i needed to speak to a tech, and there wasn't one in at the time i'll try and get ahold of the other manufacturers and get some data as well."

I would try the mailing list you may be able to get more info from there.

yes it is just rough numbers but you can roughly calculate lag. Those numbers are external volume, when internal volume is what you need. Remember you also neeed to take into account the size of piping into total volume.

Because most aftermarket intercoolers roughly have the same surface area, I doubt there will be any (or much) difference in efficiency. But the larger the volume of the intercooler the greater the pressure drop.

People have made 550rwhp + through the stock smic. The Greddy 3-row has supported 900rwhp +.

·
Under Construction
763 Posts
Blitz 24.25" x 12" x 4"
Surface area 291in2
Volume 1164

***Have to cut innerfenders + Bumper area for install***

ADFX 23" x 13"x 4"
Surface area 299in2
Volume 1196in3

Stock 10.75" x 8.75" x 5"
Surface area 94in2
Volume 470in3
***note**** not sure if accurate

APEXI 24" x 10.75" x 3.5"
Surface area 258in2
Volume 905

If I have any errors on these please post or email me. I would also like to have the intercooling piping size added as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts