Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up a 94TT with the E-01 installed. My question is...when I purchase the E-MANAGE and supporting sensors, will it be more than the average mechanic can handle in the garage or will a performance shop and experience with this system be needed? Can only afford future upgrades by saving pennies where I can. Who out there is running this set-up that can offer 1st hand experience?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
It is not hard to do at all. on my mk3 it took a total of bout 15 min to hook it up, it was THAT easy, i also have the fuel injection harness. honestly, its a really easy thing to do.

I

·
0 Posts
A regular mechanic should be able to install it. I would have someone with a good background go through and do the tuning.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
performance shop and experience with this system is highly recomended i know of at least 3 guys who tried to use E-MANAGE setup and had no luck with it (mabe because it was so new at the time)
instlation is not the problem its the tunning on it (E-MANAGE )

but on the flip side there are a few(and i mean few) people with MKIV who have had luck .

if you can find a shop to tune it correctly its a really good set-up but again there lies the problem not many places are good in tunning this thing ,so make sure you do your home work .

i suggest the Powerhouse Racing MAP ECU

good luck.

here is some info on the unit:

MVP Motorsports, Inc. is pleased to bring you the Powerhouse Racing MAP ECU (Manifold Absolute Pressure Electronic Control Unit)! This new piggy-back system is similar in function and design to the super-popular HKS VPC (now discontinued), however, the MAP ECU takes it one step further by allowing end-user programmability through Windows based software via a serial com port. Basic setup takes only a few minutes, and allows the user to set number of cylinders (1-16), type of air metering system, throttle position hi/low, and type of oxygen sensor utilized (if any).

The powerful yet easy to use software allows the user to monitor ECU inputs and outputs in real-time, make real-time adjustments to MAP ECU tables and parameters, manipulate data in 2D and 3D formats, and log critical ECU data for evaluation at a later time. The MAP ECU operates as a “piggy-back” control unit, allowing the user to maintain perfect driveability and reliability with the OEM ECU, but modify the fuel mapping parameters for larger fuel injectors, different camshafts, upgraded turbochargers, and forced induction conversions.

Most importantly, the MAP ECU converts the factory restrictive Mass Air Flow (MAF) or Karman-Vortex (VKF) signal to a speed-density based signal allowing the user to completely remove the factory meter system. This adjustability means that there are no more EPROM changes, and gives coverage for over 90% of current production cars on the road today. One of the most powerful features of the MAP ECU is the ability to self-learn from factory MAF or VKF meters. This feature means you can build a base fuel map using factory components then install aftermarket components and adjust the mapping to suit your needs.

Some other features of the MAP ECU include:
• Wide band oxygen sensor input for monitoring and logging the air/fuel ratio in real-time (Bosch LSM-II sensor available separately)
• TPS input for throttle based fuel enrichment
• Dual pressure switch circuits to activate auxiliary devices according to manifold pressure. The pressure switch circuits are perfect for activating additional fuel pumps, NOS systems, or intercooler spray bar systems.

A basic installation of the MAP ECU requires connection to only four wires (+12v Ignition, Ground, Igniter input, and Air Flow Meter input to ECU) making installation easy for even the inexperienced installer. The MAP ECU features a built-in 30 PSI pressure sensor with a customizable pressure scale, 0-8000 RPM engine speed scale, and can be connected to any 1-16 cylinder engine. Firmware and software updates will be available for download in the future as needed, and may include added features that are not yet programmed.

You can download Base Tuning Maps, Software Updates, Wiring Diagrams, and more all directly from Powerhouse Racing’s website! Simply click here.

Basic kits will include the MAP ECU, an un-terminated wiring harness, air temperature sensor, boost pressure sensor, and MAP ECU software on CD ROM. Powerhouse Racing will be releasing car-specific wire harnesses for certain vehicles, including the Toyota Supra TT that will make installation of the MAP ECU a plug-and-play affair similar to the HKS VPC.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:bigok:
Thanks for the input. So are you saying that with all things considered...dropping the $600 for the remaining EMANAGE gear for my E-01 would still not offer the ease and upgrade capability of the PHR? I'm all for making the right decision the 1st time around, so where is the money better spent. EMANAGE to complete the E-01? or PHR?:dunno:

·
supraman
632 Posts
SAVE AND BUY AEM!:D

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
supramiester said:
:bigok:
Thanks for the input. So are you saying that with all things considered...dropping the $600 for the remaining EMANAGE gear for my E-01 would still not offer the ease and upgrade capability of the PHR? I'm all for making the right decision the 1st time around, so where is the money better spent. EMANAGE to complete the E-01? or PHR?:dunno:
if you have the money get the aem ecu if not the rhr unit is your next best set-up

honestly i wont thing aboout the greddy unit only due to its low tech support.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts