Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i took my valve covers off to get to the headbolts and low and behold the oil under there has a greenish tint to it.. so im like hmm this confirms my leaky HG.. but then i thought how could the oil and coolant mix? it doesnt have any film or bubbles or milky look to it... its just oil, but slightly dark green..so is this actually coolant in the oil or ??

·
Fish tacos
818 Posts
Water jackets in the block and head. When you blow a HG, the little copper jackets (on th HG) let coolant in the oil. Allthough what you describing sounds like a BHG, I have never seen green oil. I have however seen chocolate milk in the motor.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know the coolant can get in the oil, but i mean how can the oil and coolant blend.... since oil is a lot more viscous the oil and coolant will always separate.. in my case the coolant is not separated from the oil(coolant should float on top of the oil or something)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I know a added some stuff, that "engine restorer" that comes in a can. It was blue. But anyways after a while i took my valve covers off to retorque my headbolts after a recent headgasket repair. I saw exactly what you discribed...oil with a greenish tint. I was freaking out just because i thought I blew my hg again. After a while of checking everything it was nothing. Then I realized that it was probably from the blue additive that I put in there.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i just remembered the dealer put in dye to track the leak, but i thought it only showed up under a blacklight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts