Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so been trying to figure out what the hell is going on, when ever im moving, there is a sound like the brakes are rubbing on roters. so took the wheel's off, and break pads are fine, i spin roters and i can hear the noise.

so i take the routers off, spin it, and the noise is still going on, but not as much. thought maybe something was dirty so i got some break cleaner and cleaned the piss out of them. still nada.

anything ealse to check? this is starting to piss me off.

also note, parking break is so lose wont even hold the car with the handel up, so thats not it.

i fail at english sorry. :(

·
Registered
596 Posts
possible a wheel bearing? just guessing. also if you maybe forgot to tighten your wheels down it can create a sound like that.

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dad checked the wheel bearing, not really sure how he did but he checked them.

it's the left and the right side.

also the rear diff doesnt make any sounds when in gear checked that as well :(

wheels are tight. for got what i set them to atm :/

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any other ideas? or does my english just suck that much :(

·
Registered
596 Posts
your english is fine. according to my hanes manual "metallica grating sound consistent with vehicle speed" can be caused by pronounced wear in the universal joint bearings in the driveshaft. check that out. jack up the rear end, put the tranny in neutral, and spin the wheels, listen under the drive shaft to see if thats where it may be coming from

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you i'll have to check that out.. seems a bit odd thou.

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well the UJoints helped a bit, still thier thinkng maybe center bearing. any other ideas?

·
90T
752 Posts
I'd start by looking at the parking brake. Pull the disks off and check if the shoes for the parking brake are okay. You can also spin the hub at that point and see if the noise has gone away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts