Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i shift into third, especially while gearing down it grinds a little then it will go in if i push it hard. If I don't force it then the grinding slows down and then goes into the gear. Usually when the cars been dring for a few minutes then it will go away. The tranny fluid was just changed.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
89 Black Beauty said:
When i shift into third, especially while gearing down it grinds a little then it will go in if i push it hard. If I don't force it then the grinding slows down and then goes into the gear. Usually when the cars been dring for a few minutes then it will go away. The tranny fluid was just changed.
try some redline 75w90 (mt90)

or perhaps your synchros are gone. :( redline oil solves many people's problems though. give it a whirl.

-shaeff

·
General Hooligan
208 Posts
damn truck tranny might as well equalize and hoss it in, oh wait thats probably how it got like that, i have mt90 and its not too shabby but id like to try royal purple

·
Registered
429 Posts
mine grinds into 3rd if i drive and shift too agressively... I changed to the redline and it made the problem a little less prevelant... but it's still there

My suggestion... learn to live with it... learn it's culture and ways of life... mate with it's women... and be ready to fix it in the possible near future.

Mine has been like that ever since i owned the car (over a year) and i havent had any further problems... but anything can happen.

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah you just have to learn how to slide it in right, make shure she's in the right mood for it to work.

Can you get some sort of aftermarket tranny customised or is it an order it up type thing. I'll probably wait until it dies then we'll see what i plan on doing with the car EX: Track or street

·
General Hooligan
208 Posts
id say take it apart and check the tolerances on the synchros in the affected gears, as long as everything else looks alright replacing those should clear up the issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts