Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have a 94 TT Toyota Supra 6 speed. My tranny is grinding now. 1-2 if perfect 2-3 is makes a metallic grinding noises and the shifter feels like the gears are grinding agaisnt it. Vibrations. A little resistance into gear too. Feels like some gear is spinning and the shifter is hitting it. I changed the tranny oil and its still the same. Reverse used to not go in but now its fine. Weird. Very strange. I just got my clutch done with a Centerforce Dual Friction like 2 months ago. Some other supra owner said the place where it was installed had the alighnment wrong. Im not sure. I only have 60k miles on my car. Please help me.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the same problem. Mine grinds 3-4. It doesnt want to go into 4th. I called the previous owner about it and he said its the clutch. I just hope its not the transmission going on me.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the times... these problems are related to Syncros... You may want to try changing the tranny fluid... this should help some.

Though most likely, your syncros are beginning to go.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
If the clutch was just changed, I would suspect clutch engagement first. Look at the back of your clutch pedal, there is a lock nut their for ajustment. Pretty self explainitory.

With the clutch ajusted inproperly, my car felt like yours, except it also wouldn't want to come out of gear sometimes.

·
1,522 Posts
mine does that a little also. It doesn't grind but I just feel a little metel from 2-3 and 4-5........only sometimes and just a little. I'm gonna change the fluid and cross my fingers. It will cost me about a grand to rebuild if it gets worst. I know it isn't my clutch because i've been slammin it into 3rd. I'm gonna chill out now.

troy

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PhoenixINX said:
Most of the times... these problems are related to Syncros... You may want to try changing the tranny fluid... this should help some.

Though most likely, your syncros are beginning to go.
about how long will they last at this point?

·
One Fast Supra
560 Posts
Joose said:

about how long will they last at this point?
I have been driving mine daily for about a year like that. I guess its about time to look for a new one though. The problem only gets worse. Just don't try racing. Even with 710rwhp my car did 12.6 @ 112mph because I couldn't get it into 3rd or 4th. And thats after I did 97mph in the 1/8 mile. So there you go. Racing is out but you can always drive it for a while depending on how bad it is.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats up with that?My car traps 97 in the 1/8th and Im BPU+.You 're problem may be worse than you think.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts