Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you guys are smokers or moke in your cars but I hate smoking in my supra. I'm a pack-a-day guy so on longer drives or traffic I can't really avoid needing that cig. I'm not sure what it is about the window design or aerodynamics but the ashes ALWAYS end up on me or all over the seats in the back. Throwing a butt out the window is an ordeal...always gotta make sure it didn't somehow fly back into the car. And when it rain...good god, getting ashed on and a bucket worth of water on your leg.

·
m-za70 :)
385 Posts
dude smoking in a car is nasty in general. Think about it, not only will you smell like shit, your car smells like shit and everyone that gets in it will also smell like shit. If its that much of a problem smoking in your car then you should obviously either pull over and smoke outside or quit in general. I mean no offense to guys that smoke, but I would rather not have my car smell like shit.

·
Registered
419 Posts
dude smoking in a car is nasty in general. Think about it, not only will you smell like shit, your car smells like shit and everyone that gets in it will also smell like shit. If its that much of a problem smoking in your car then you should obviously either pull over and smoke outside or quit in general. I mean no offense to guys that smoke, but I would rather not have my car smell like shit.
i wish i could of said that.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i put the window down so it lessens the smoke smell and not use the ash tray. littering butts doesn't bother me. my driving a car 5 miles will hurt the environmnet more. I just wish the toyota wouldn't dump shit back on me. My caprice is a great car to smoke in if there is such a thing lol.

And no quitting won't happen...not when you live with the kind of people i do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
took the words right out of my mouth no offense but i dont let anyone smoke in my car

·
7m love... dont hate.
2,571 Posts
i smoke everytime i get into my car. it doesnt really smell like shit that i can notice. if you use your ash tray then your car will smell like a ashtray. my ashes always end up on the rear side seal for the window that bugs me its so noticeable. but i love my cigarettes.

·
Registered
235 Posts
the mkiii is a great car to smoke in compared to some others imo. To reduce the ash that comes back in, I roll down the window enough so that i can ash right behind the mirror. You get less turbulent air their and it also seems to suck the ash down. I also found that pre89 mirrors are better for this b/c of the design or lack there of. As for throwing it out, I just slip it out the same area. Smokin doesnt stink up the car... if you have a stripped interior like me :tongue: .

And to all that don't smoke. Dont you guys want to join the cool kids club? :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might only smoke 4 cigs in my car everyday and it smells no different than when i bought it. I have a 91 so I don't have the smoker friendly pre89 mirrors. So many non-smokers don't understand...I honestly enjoy smoking. It's relaxing and takes the edge off life.

[email protected] supraracer and cool kid club

·
Registered
392 Posts
Smoking in car = yucky...

Littering on the side of the road is even worse...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Get a cup with a little bit of water in it to put out your cigs in. Littering isnt only bad, but you can get a fat ticket for it and it can cause fires. I dont know how common that is where you are, but here in AZ where its really dry it happens alot every year. Best bet is to not smoke in your car like others said.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts